PDA

View Full Version : Fuel System Setup - Need input

ls1says
09-05-2023, 04:56 PM
Hey all,

I have a cammed SBE 5.3 going in a 69' chevelle. Going with Tanks inc. Fuel Tank with the GPA-9 Hellcat fuel pump and floatless sending unit. The fuel lines will be -8AN from Tank to Fuel Rails and back. Coming out of the tank is a 1/4" NPT fitting with a 1/4" NPT to -8AN Adapter (I contacted Tanks inc and they said that the fitting coming out of the fuel pump is 5/16" ID and haven't found the need to increase the size of the 1/4" NPT, which is fair. If it works, it works.). The car will be boosted and I'll be using FIC 1000's.All of this comes out to around $800. Not bad for an EFI setup that'll support high hp. Before I pull the trigger on this are there any other recommendations on a fuel tank setup?

Power Goals are 600ish rwhp. I do have plans to pull the motor and swap out with a forged shortblock, hence the FIC 1000's. I figured I could use these injectors for the 600hp power goals currently and reuse them once I swap out the motor.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Senna
09-05-2023, 05:38 PM
I don't have any input on the fuel system. On the float less sender, be aware that it will read full for about the first 125 miles before beginning to drop. This is due to the recessed area the sender mounts in. I called Tanks inc recently and they confirmed the issue. Not a huge deal, just letting you know.

dhutton
09-06-2023, 05:09 AM
Spend some time on the vaporworx website then give Carl a call. He knows his stuff and is very helpful. You won’t find better advice imo.

https://www.vaporworx.com/

Don

btmatt
09-06-2023, 10:37 AM
We made 530rwhp on 6.2 NA setup with Ricks tank and Vaporworx modified LS3 bucket; -8 feed line. It has been flawless.

Getting ready to install an LSA to go way north of 750rwhp and just bought Carl's Super ZL1 with PWM controller

Jk918
09-07-2023, 06:36 PM
Spend some time on the vaporworx website then give Carl a call. He knows his stuff and is very helpful. You won’t find better advice imo.

https://www.vaporworx.com/

Don

I would 2nd this, hard to beat a ricks restomod tank with a ZL1 fuel pump.

csouth
09-07-2023, 07:08 PM
I would 2nd this, hard to beat a ricks restomod tank with a ZL1 fuel pump.

I heard a while back they were going to stop carrying the Restomod tanks, so I bought one for each of my projects.

ls1says
09-21-2023, 07:21 PM
I heard a while back they were going to stop carrying the Restomod tanks, so I bought one for each of my projects.

Just saw that they're having a 30% off sale on these tanks til' the Oct 1 I think