PDA

View Full Version : Electric Fuel pump not kicking on

thedugan
04-13-2018, 03:33 PM
Trying to troubleshoot if my electric fuel pump died today. Was programming my Racepak gauges with the key on so the pump was running. Probably was running for 5 minutes before I was done programming the gauge and started the car. Car started and ran fine for 8-9 minutes then died. Fuel pump is not kicking on. Before I drop the tank and pull the pump to test it could it be anything else?

GoodysGotaCuda
04-13-2018, 05:51 PM
How is it wired? How is it controlled?

thedugan
04-13-2018, 06:39 PM
I’m chasing the wires but it’s wired to a relay then to a modified factory LS harness. Just weird pump stopped after it ran for awhile before car was started.

andrewb70
04-14-2018, 12:50 PM
I’m chasing the wires but it’s wired to a relay then to a modified factory LS harness. Just weird pump stopped after it ran for awhile before car was started.

Before ripping it out, I would run some wires directly from the battery to the pump. See if it runs...If not, then the pump is dead.

If it does run, then it is a wiring/relay/fuse issue...

Andrew

thedugan
04-15-2018, 12:28 PM
Ended up pulling the tank anyway seeing I wanted to replace the fuel sending unit anyway. Pumps works fine so that’s not the issue. Relay tests fine so that’s not the issue. Gotta keep chasing wires now.

andrewb70
04-15-2018, 02:59 PM
Ended up pulling the tank anyway seeing I wanted to replace the fuel sending unit anyway. Pumps works fine so that’s not the issue. Relay tests fine so that’s not the issue. Gotta keep chasing wires now.

How is the relay triggered? Did you check the fuse?

Andrew

TheJDMan
05-13-2018, 06:12 PM
disregard