PDA

View Full Version : 67 cutlass 4 wheel manual disk master cyl help?

mike63078
03-20-2014, 01:20 AM
Hi all.

I am in the process of installing a turbo lq9 ls motor into my 67 cutlass and ran into a few snags due to the up and forward header design. The 1st issue was the alternator was on the way so after a custom braket was mafe thatscall set. My other issue is my hydroboost set up has to go so I am looking for a manual master cylinder suggestion. This is a street car with 13" disks front and 12 in thr rear. What is everyone's thoughts?

andrewb70
03-20-2014, 05:23 AM
Hi all.

I am in the process of installing a turbo lq9 ls motor into my 67 cutlass and ran into a few snags due to the up and forward header design. The 1st issue was the alternator was on the way so after a custom braket was mafe thatscall set. My other issue is my hydroboost set up has to go so I am looking for a manual master cylinder suggestion. This is a street car with 13" disks front and 12 in thr rear. What is everyone's thoughts?

I've had good luck using both a 15/16" bore MC and am now using a Dodge 7/8" bore MC. The 15/16" MC can be sourced from any parts store or RockAuto. Look up 1977 Malibu with 6 cylinder engine and manual brakes. The 7/8" bore MC is from a 1995 Sprint with manual brakes. I run the latter now because I like a softer pedal and more pressure in the system and the Dodge MC is aluminum with a nice plastic reservoir. I have pictures of both set-ups in my build thread, link in sig.

Andrew

mike63078
03-20-2014, 05:29 AM
Did the sprint master bolt right up?

andrewb70
03-20-2014, 05:32 AM
Did the sprint master bolt right up?

Not exactly, but if you're putting a turbo engine in a 67 Cutlass, you should be able to figure it out...LOL details are in my build thread. If you want a 7/8" bore MC, Wilwood makes a direct bolt in model. I just don't like it because it is 1) expensive and 2) you need to use an allen wrench to take off the cover.

Andrew