Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

I have a ride height issue.....

Alright....I got a ride height issue here. One side of my car appears to be higher than the other side. The drivers side is fine however on the passanger side there are issues both front and rear. I took a measurement from the top of the tire in the rear (at centerline of wheel) to the bottom of the wheel lip. On the drivers side it's 2 1/8 inches. The passanger side is 2 1/2 inches, a difference of 3/8 of an inch. In the front the drivers side wheel lip (at centerline of wheel) is 25 1/8 inches from the ground and on the passanger side is 25 7/8 inches, a difference of 3/4 of an inch. Now, I know whats causing the front to be high is the spring on that side isn't seated properly. I'm guessing that if I can get that spring seated properly in front that maybe it will take care of my 3/8 problem in the rear. My question is, if it doesn't, would I be crazy to put a 3/8 lowering block on the passanger side to get it down to where it needs to be? I know that some first gen camaros have a problem with "leaning" to one side. I want to fix that if that's my problem. Thanks.

Last edited by trapin; 06-01-2008 at 04:16 PM.
      1968 Pro-Touring Camaro LS1

Project: Next Year
      - Start date; June '01
      - Completion; Sometime next year or the year after.....

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com