Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States
      My jig really has no plates for the floater snouts, so I had to make a rig to check it one side at a time. It was kind of a pain, so when the drivers side checked out ok, I just assumed the passenger side would be ok too. You know what they say about when you assume. Moser welded a back brace on that housing which for some reason only pulled on the passenger side. When I went to do a 4 wheel alignment on the car, it was toed out on the passenger side for some reason. Found it right before I left for Motorstate, didn't have time to pull the housing and send it back before the event.

Jay, have you run that car yet? Don't think your beloved GMR floater is without issues. I got to help Chris wrench on Blue Balls GMR floater at Gingerman. It appeared that the hub was machined a little loose for the hub seal. While at speed, the seal fell out oiling down the track, causing the car to get black flagged. Ended up having to use a punch to stake the hub in 4 places to keep the seal in place. Then we noticed that the housing wasn't equipped with any inner axle grease seals?? I think you need to hold your endorsements of a product until you have tested them.

Ron Schwarz

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com