Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G-bodys taking over the place.

With all the malibus lately mabye DSE will start making stuff for the g-body? come on guys lets take over the 67 camaro! ..well im trying

Country Flag: Canada
      Psh, We need more parts for us 70-72 Chevelle guys.

-Matt
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

I don't think that g-bodies will EVER take the place of Camaros-however I have no doubt that 78-88 g-bodies will be the next high performance platform. I have built mostly g-bodies and they are extremely versatile. In my opinion, there is not many cars with as menacing a look as a Monte Carlo SS 1983-88. I love all types of cars but g-bodies are especially easy on the pocketbook! -Jabin

Yeah, lets take over. :comp3:

:3gears: lol........I doubt a camaro overthrow is possible around these parts....not really nessiccary either lol PT is prety tolerant of anything
      Matt
      1980 Malibu, off the jackstands.....let's see if a T-56 will last longer than a TH-700R4

G and A Bodies ... lets get 'er done!
      Shane Wagner
      1970 Chevelle "Cholula"
      2010 Camaro "Proven1"

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by RatMalibu
      :3gears: lol........I doubt a camaro overthrow is possible around these parts....not really nessiccary either lol PT is prety tolerant of anything
      Coup' on the Camaro reign! lol, I'd love to have an '87 GN Myself.

Dammit Ralph, quit jumping on the band wagon!!!!
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

Quote Originally Posted by zbugger
      Dammit Ralph, quit jumping on the band wagon!!!!
      I've always liked GNs, in a few years you'll be able to get classic car insurance on them which is an added bonus. When I was trying to sell my truck a few months ago I was considering a GN among some other cars.

You already can get classic car insurance for them. I have it through State Farm and Haggerty also offers it (you have to choose exotic...they have one pictured as an example)
      Shane Wagner
      1970 Chevelle "Cholula"
      2010 Camaro "Proven1"

Quote Originally Posted by wickedmotorhead
      You already can get classic car insurance for them. I have it through State Farm and Haggerty also offers it (you have to choose exotic...they have one pictured as an example)
      Really? That's pretty awesome, I was under the impression the car had to be 20 years or older.

i know there isnt a replacement for the camaro. EVER. but im also gettin a little tired of them not in a bad way..kinda like the same piece of azz, its good just might want a new variety!

What's a Camaro?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

G-bodies get no respect... YET

I have built many a major muscle machine over the last 20 years, including Camaro's and other classic "icons". It was always cool getting some respect out there on the streets when motoring around in them in general. Now that I have built a G-body, it seems like I just don't get any of that same respect out there. If I had done the same mods that have been performed on the 442 to let's say a Chevelle, there would be no doubt that I'd get ALOT more respect out on the streets! Maybe most people look at it an think of the absolute POS 307 that originally sat under the hood, maybe even thinking that a 350 might be swapped in. The 442, along with some of the wicked G-nats in the area, are doing our best to re-educate as many gear heads as possible!

Imagine their suprise when they realize that they have just had their azz handed to them! They always insist upon seeing what the heck is under the hood, to which I just tell 'em "it's JUST a 350" with the classic poker face. Even some of the "crotch rockets" around here get VERY upset when they get a good look at the tail lights of the ol' grey machine.

Here are some vids of the 442 doing its thing:

442 Vid 1

442 Vid 2

The G-cars will NEVER replace the "classic musclecar icons", though I do suspect that we will be seeing alot more of them over the next few years!

:3gears:
      Last edited by Hydratech®; 11-25-2004 at 08:55 AM.
      There IS a difference - Thank you for choosing Hydratech!

Paul M. Clark
      Founder / Master Engineer

Hydratech Braking Systems ®
      www.hydratechbraking.com

I want a GN
      :3gears: 68 Rally Sport Camaro 350/4spd(t56ingarage)/8.5 10bolt 2.56 open,Hotchkis springs, kyb shocks, 17" Rallys 235/245-45-17

1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am 3.8 Buick LC2 V-6 w/51k, Ported heads w/oversized one piece valves, te-44 turbo,PTS built 200R4 w/2800stall, Lucas green top 009 42.5# injectors, AFPR, Adjustable wastegate, ATR 3inch exhaust, Terry houston 3inch mandrel bent downpipe, stock intercooler w/duttwieler neck, Eibach Springs, Bilstien shocks, Spohn adjustable panhard bar...

I had an 86 442 with one of those weezer 307's. slowest car i ever owned!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydratech
      ...Now that I have built a G-body, it seems like I just don't get any of that same respect out there. If I had done the same mods that have been performed on the 442 to let's say a Chevelle, there would be no doubt that I'd get ALOT more respect out on the streets!...
      You shouldn't let that bother you. I don't care so much about the "respect" you're talking about, b/c as far as I'm concerned, that's not a real respect (I just don't know what to call it).

Think about it - what if Mark Stielow thought G-body 442s are really cool and built one of those for himself? You'll see TONS of 442 followers, and your car will get lot of "respect" from them. It just so happens that Mr. Stielow and other influential builders prefer Camaros and Chevelles.

The bottom line is you have an ultra cool sleeper that can spank many pretty-faced classic icons that get "respect" on streets. Build whatever you want and/or you think is cool. Don't be a follower. I enjoy being a black sheep.

No offense to Camaro owners or anyone else, BTW. It is a fact that it's easier/cheaper to build a better car using popular platforms, and I like some Camaros (Stielow's White Car & Red Witch, Big Red to name a few) as well as other vehicles.
      The first step of becoming a better driver is to attend a track event, time yourself, and realize the fact you really suck.

Signed,
      A driver who laps Big Willow at 1:42.6 in a 134hp BMW - and I am still considered mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70
      What's a Camaro?
      They are made by the same GM division that supplied the motor in your car!

:icon_razz
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Well, as I loaded my '86 Monte SS onto the trailer destined for the body shop for some metal work, I noticed my neighbor across the street and down a couples houses went out and bought a really nice stock '87 SS! Same burgundy color and everything! I thought-dammitalltohell-he must've seen mine in the driveway looking pretty sad half-way under a tarp with the entire drivers' side removed. Yeah-he's doing this as a way of showing me up but the game is on with possibly an '87 GN V6 (hello, Yody-did you get my email?) or a 400 SB I have scouted from an Impala. After the metal work is complete, it's on like Donkey Kong then! -Jabin

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC
      They are made by the same GM division that supplied the motor in your car!

:icon_razz
      I thought the engine in my car was made by GM Powertrain for marine applications?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com