Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Coyote fits pretty nicely. A couple small crossmember clearance areas and she fits in with stock mustang exhaust manifolds. Even able to use the stock transmission crossmember with the 4R70W I have.

No build thread, sorry. I tried on svtperformance but got tired of being criticized for not cleaning the engine bay enough. That was all anyone ever said. Guess they don't understand the full mockup, drive, then clean up principal.

Quote Originally Posted by xavier296 View Post
      Coyote fits pretty nicely. A couple small crossmember clearance areas and she fits in with stock mustang exhaust manifolds. Even able to use the stock transmission crossmember with the 4R70W I have.

No build thread, sorry. I tried on svtperformance but got tired of being criticized for not cleaning the engine bay enough. That was all anyone ever said. Guess they don't understand the full mockup, drive, then clean up principal.
      Thats good news for me! I love the idea of 2015 technology and reliability in a 50 year old car. Right now I'm trying to figure out what to do about the chassis and suspension. I have to decide if i want to push the easy button and spend the money to have someone else do all the engineering, or do i do it myself, probably spending the same or more on tools and know how while taking a million years? Haha Big decisions.....
      JC Scott

It's good for a laugh but on Fast N Loud they put a Coyote in a Fairlane . Not a lot of tech info but fun to watch

Name:  20150327_212855.jpg
Views: 1418
Size:  165.3 KB
      A little progress update. In full teardown mode now.
      JC Scott

Name:  20150420_211218.jpg
Views: 1356
Size:  156.1 KBAnybody know the best way to properly brace the body and chassis before they are separated? I will be cutting on both most likely. Just don't wanna overlook something easy at this point that could give me some major headaches later in the build.
      JC Scott

oh hell yeah.

glad to see this one back.

id just triangulate with any bracing you do run, like you would on a unibody. cant say hats the right way to do it, but its how id do it.
      Michael Crawford

1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

Quote Originally Posted by dusterbd13 View Post
      oh hell yeah.

glad to see this one back.

id just triangulate with any bracing you do run, like you would on a unibody. cant say hats the right way to do it, but its how id do it.
      Thanks Michael. How is the duster looking these days? Yea, i am excited to finally tear into the galaxie.
      JC Scott

You shouldn't need to do any bracing prior to separating the body from the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixr320 View Post
      You shouldn't need to do any bracing prior to separating the body from the frame.
      So what you're saying is if i decide to cut out the trunk floor pan for a fuel cell and rear tubs, that area doesn't need to be braced at all?
      JC Scott

Love these old non-mustang ford builds. Bet your loving the shop as I know how it is to go from a garage to a shop and it makes things so much easier.

Not to derail your thread but here's my Ford
      My finished daily
      1966 Fairlane
      306 with 4R70W
      QA1 Coilovers,vintage air,

Current project
      1948 Ford F1
      Lexus SC400 IFS
      DOHC 4.6 with 4R70w

Duster is looking slightly crispy and sorely neglected. Shattered my ankle last April. Had reconstructive surgery in September. Went to finally drive it again in January, where it let all the magic smoke out of the electrical system. Cought it before it got too bad.

It's scheduled for a late summer tear down.

Thanks for asking. Been trying to get the elky finished up before blowing the duster apart.
      Michael Crawford

1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

Quote Originally Posted by c91x View Post
      Love these old non-mustang ford builds. Bet your loving the shop as I know how it is to go from a garage to a shop and it makes things so much easier.

Not to derail your thread but here's my Ford
      I like all of the builds that aren't "normal" or just bolt on builds. Your fairlane looks great. Love the color choice!
      JC Scott

Quote Originally Posted by dusterbd13 View Post
      Duster is looking slightly crispy and sorely neglected. Shattered my ankle last April. Had reconstructive surgery in September. Went to finally drive it again in January, where it let all the magic smoke out of the electrical system. Cought it before it got too bad.

It's scheduled for a late summer tear down.

Thanks for asking. Been trying to get the elky finished up before blowing the duster apart.
      Another shattered window would have been better than a shattered ankle haha. We will be having our first child in late july, and im sure that will slow me down even more.... Life goes on i guess haha!
      JC Scott

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrillz View Post
      So what you're saying is if i decide to cut out the trunk floor pan for a fuel cell and rear tubs, that area doesn't need to be braced at all?
      If your going to cut both tubs and trunk floor at the same time? Then brace it. If just one tub at a time then the trunk later. I wouldn't worry about it.
      How are your body mounts? If they are solid, can you leave the car on the frame while you do tubs and the floor? The frame should keep everything located nice.

If your going to cut both tubs and trunk floor at the same time? Then brace it. If just one tub at a time then the trunk later. I wouldn't worry about it.
      How are your body mounts? If they are solid, can you leave the car on the frame while you do tubs and the floor? The frame should keep everything located nice.
      I'm not exactly sure what I will be doing. Everytime I think about the car my plans change. First I need to evaluate the rear suspension and decide on a direction, but I am pretty certain tubs and fuel cell will be involved. If the rear suspension changes, the whole rear floor section may be reworked...
      JC Scott

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrillz View Post
      I'm not exactly sure what I will be doing. Everytime I think about the car my plans change. First I need to evaluate the rear suspension and decide on a direction, but I am pretty certain tubs and fuel cell will be involved. If the rear suspension changes, the whole rear floor section may be reworked...
      You should probably plan ahead, otherwise you might find yourself doing thing over and over again, and that will only cost more money and be more frustrating.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      You should probably plan ahead, otherwise you might find yourself doing thing over and over again, and that will only cost more money and be more frustrating.

Andrew
      Hard to plan ahead when nobody makes parts for this car that are worth a damn. I'm no engineer and I've never designed a suspension before or done a full build before, so how much can you actually "plan ahead"? It would be easy enough to plan ahead if I were building a camaro or chevelle. All I have is an idea of how I want it to turn out and a fairly small budget.
      JC Scott

http://www.holmanmoody.com/Parts3.html These guys use to know something about making Galaxies handle. Maybe they can give you tips or point you in the right direction?

Or http://www.hotrodstohell.net/truckar...karm_index.htm a truck arm setup? I believe that's what Nascar teams used or still use?

A crown vic front IFS would be cheap and plenty of parts for the front. Plenty of people installing them in trucks.

http://www.holmanmoody.com/Parts3.html These guys use to know something about making Galaxies handle. Maybe they can give you tips or point you in the right direction?

Or http://www.hotrodstohell.net/truckar...karm_index.htm a truck arm setup? I believe that's what Nascar teams used or still use?

A crown vic front IFS would be cheap and plenty of parts for the front. Plenty of people installing them in trucks.
      I like the Crown Vic idea. I was watching TV the other day (can't remember the show) but in the show they said around the late 60's Nascar teams designed they front suspensions based on the '65 Full Size Ford Galaxie and of course are still very similar today. That being said you could look at used race car parts or search the interweb for Circle Track components. The information is available and that at a min will point you to or in the right direction, so you can better plan things out.

http://www.ridetech.com/files_AR/tec...laxy_front.pdf

https://books.google.com/books?id=rY...design&f=false

Also the library has some books too.

Good luck.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com