Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by go-fish View Post

Oh, the other thing I learned is that this is Andrew B.'s sand box and it seems like he wants everyone to know it. LOL.
      LOL, ain't that the truth.

I mean, if it's hard for him to drive a Muncie with a 3.36 rear gear, then it absolutely MUST be hard for everyone else! LOL
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

Quote Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
      LOL, ain't that the truth.

I mean, if it's hard for him to drive a Muncie with a 3.36 rear gear, then it absolutely MUST be hard for everyone else! LOL
      Really guys? Little personal jab to keep things lively? Y'all can do whatever you want to do...we all have our opinions, just like a certain anatomical feature.

Cheers.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by go-fish View Post
      Ouch. Keeping up with the theme of everything Mopar being marked up at least 20%
      Two different points on the cost curve. Mopar sales are low, have to make more money per sale, volume is low, costs more to make the units, price is high, pushes down demand. It is a vicious cycle.
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-Plano-Texas

Name:  BlackLenged01.jpg
Views: 1724
Size:  191.1 KB
      Here is a Legend in the "Black Calico" coating.
      Jody Haag
      [email protected]
      Most 4, 5, and 6 Speed Repairs, Parts, Service & Custom Installations
      610-413-8015
      Jody's Transmissions on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by JodysTransmissions View Post
      The Legend700 was put through the paces on a real transmission dynometer set to 700ftlb. The Legend700 gears showed no signs of fatigue after the complete teardown evaluation.

So yes, the 700ftlb rating is a conservative number for the Legend700 5 speed.
      Ok Jodys thats cool . but my necst question is How long was it Dynod and tru how many gear changes did they put the transmission tru.... and did they transbrake the transmission as wel on the Dyno. im defenatly intrested in the trans. but im going to try it out(if im convinced) as a road race transmission right on the edge of its tested performance. IF the thing would live for 1 season then i can live with that...

Passon Performance has the A-855 loaded with 1st- 2.64:1 2nd- 1.92:1 3rd- 1.40:1 4th- 1:1 5th- .70:1
      Who the heck even thought of a 1.4 to 1.00 drop?

If a trans has more than a 1.29 drop, forgeddabut it, as far as I am concerned. 1.22 or 1.23 is the sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrage David View Post
      Ok Jodys thats cool . but my necst question is How long was it Dynod and tru how many gear changes did they put the transmission tru.... and did they transbrake the transmission as wel on the Dyno. im defenatly intrested in the trans. but im going to try it out(if im convinced) as a road race transmission right on the edge of its tested performance. IF the thing would live for 1 season then i can live with that...
      The Legend700 was tested and certified on the NTS Detroit Dynamometer: https://www.nts.com/locations/detroit

The total torque load test was 2 hours and 40 minutes on the dynamometer. This test was a slow roll at 500 RPM through each gear and load tested up to a 700ftlbs. Sump temperature was maintained around 180 degrees with a 3 degree down angle to lube the rear bushing during testing. The start torque load was 450ftlbs and finished with a 700ftlbs constant load. Yes, 5th gear was torque load tested at 700ftlbs too.

The Legend700 gears were magnafluxed and checked for stress cracks. No stress cracks or distortion was found at the heel or toe of any gear tooth. The average gear tooth efficiency was 98%, that is pretty impressive from this small compact unit.
      Jody Haag
      [email protected]
      610-413-8015

Hey guys its John I started this thread a few months ago. The thread title holds true, this is the holy grail of 5 speed transmissions for our cars . On paper this transmission is a much better design than the TKO 600 for our cars. I just ordered mine from Jody last month. The transmission will be used in a car specifically built for road racing. I highly recommend getting the REM treatment legend offers on the gears. I toured a high performance coating facility here in Georgia last week and got to see REM treatment first hand and it's an amazing process and worth the extra few bucks. Also even though legend offers the "road race" gearing you need to make sure you match the transmission to your engine RPM powerband and rear gear selection. For my build I have been working very closely with Ron Sutton out in Cali. We actually decided to go with .69 fifth gear ratio because even though the car will be used on road courses gears 1 through 4 were able to match the RPM powerband and rear gear selection and achieve a top speed of 140 miles an hour. there was actually no need to use a fifth gear on the road course so we opted for the. 69 fifth gear just in case I decide to take the car out on the highway and want to cruise it at low rpm. granted the car is purpose built for road racing it will still be street legal and I know I'm going to take it out on the highway on a Sunday afternoon.

My TKO 600 has not given me a bit of trouble in the 6 years that I have owned it. This reminds me of the Keisler build up all over again.
      Dante'

if the TKO 600 works for you then that's great but if you don't like the 2nd to 3rd shift because of the large gap between gears when road racing then the lgt 700 fixes that. the first gear ratio and the overdrive ratio is a little nicer on the LGT also. The LGT also already has the upgrades in place to shift well at high rpm with a TKO you have to do some pretty expensive upgrades to get it to shift well. for street driving you probably wouldn't notice but if you're taking your car to the track then you definitely would notice the differences. I have a TKO 600 in one of my cars and for a street transmission its just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JodysTransmissions View Post
      The Legend700 was tested and certified on the NTS Detroit Dynamometer: https://www.nts.com/locations/detroit

The total torque load test was 2 hours and 40 minutes on the dynamometer. This test was a slow roll at 500 RPM through each gear and load tested up to a 700ftlbs. Sump temperature was maintained around 180 degrees with a 3 degree down angle to lube the rear bushing during testing. The start torque load was 450ftlbs and finished with a 700ftlbs constant load. Yes, 5th gear was torque load tested at 700ftlbs too.

The Legend700 gears were magnafluxed and checked for stress cracks. No stress cracks or distortion was found at the heel or toe of any gear tooth. The average gear tooth efficiency was 98%, that is pretty impressive from this small compact unit.
      Thats al i needed to hear!!!. Are there holles for oil lines to a oil pump and cooler??.. thanks David

Thats al i needed to hear!!!. Are there holles for oil lines to a oil pump and cooler??.. thanks David
      What size thread are your fittings?
      Jody Haag
      [email protected]
      610-413-8015

Jody,

What's the sensor that is in the middle of the case above your name plate? Also, what's the other plugged port higher up in the middle of the case?

I assume the gray sensor towards the rear is the backup switch and the capped one is for a VSS.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Attachment 109154
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Jody,

What's the sensor that is in the middle of the case above your name plate? Also, what's the other plugged port higher up in the middle of the case?

I assume the gray sensor towards the rear is the backup switch and the capped one is for a VSS.

Andrew
      The two stud prong fitting above my name plate; backup light connection
      The large diameter button head allen bolt above the backup light connection; internal shift mechanism.
      The gray plastic connector fitting; neutral safety switch wiring
      The silver block off plate near the tail extension mount; mechanical speedometer hookup
      Jody Haag
      [email protected]
      610-413-8015

Neutral switch is cool, is there an electronic speedo pickup?

Waiting for someone to tell me that this trans shifts better than a T56.....or at least as good at 6K.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Name:  BlackLenged02.jpg
Views: 1420
Size:  212.3 KB
      Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
      Neutral switch is cool, is there an electronic speedo pickup?

Waiting for someone to tell me that this trans shifts better than a T56.....or at least as good at 6K.
      The electronic speedo pickup is on the passenger side near the transmision mount. Standard is the 12 tooth reluctor.

Real world testing; the Legend700 unit has been put through 200+ 7500RPM shifts, one 1/4 mile at a time.

No doubt, the T56 is a great shifting unit due to the single internal shift rail system and multiple coned synchronizers. The Legend700 also has a single internal shift rail system and multiple coned synchronizers. However, without the added 6th gear rotating weight, the Legend700 will out shift the T56.
      Jody Haag
      [email protected]
      610-413-8015

Country Flag: Canada
      ........ Are there holles for oil lines to a oil pump and cooler??.. thanks David
      Would there be any problem drawing the oil out at the drain plug and pumping it back in at the fill plug?

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenova View Post
      Would there be any problem drawing the oil out at the drain plug and pumping it back in at the fill plug?

Ken
      The drain plug is on the bottom of the Legend700.

I will be talking to the Legend engineer about this very issue if spare tap ports/bosses can be utilized on the case design or incorporated into the new vacuum mold case design.

I also want to discuss a port if the application warrants a nozzle to spray the headset for certain severe duty applications.

I'll keep you posted.
      Jody Haag
      [email protected]
      610-413-8015

as long as there was some sort of pump to circulate the oil it seems like drawing it out of the drain plug, through a cooler, and pumping it back into the fill plug would work fine. However, I am no expert on this. I know the -AN fittings I used on my engine oil cooler had 1/2 inch pipe thread on the ones that plug into the engine and I assume that would be the same type of thread to plug into the transmission, a pipe thread. again I'm no expert but I don't see any reason why you couldn't plumb in a cooling system into any transmission, including the LGT 700. I have custom cooling systems on both my engine and my power steering, a transmission is no different.

Jody no lines and fittings yet!!. i asking because we are building a euro fighter road racer. not just 20 min road raceing. but some serius long distance racing. hensh i need to know what i ask. in order to diside to buy this transmission..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com