Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hybrid View

Country Flag: United States
      SCCA has the rule book online But a quick description of Street Preapared ESP would be..stock block and heads of your body style run and optional motor.You can change either your front upper or lower control arms but not both..(That would put you in SM)in the rear you can change just the upper control arms and relocate them on the rear axle 4-link to tri-link can happen. panhard bar or watts can be added plus adjustable shocks Sway bars can be added ,larger or removed.Intake and exhaust manifolds can be changed. Your choice of fuel injection or carb.no adding turbo or supercharger(that would put you in SM)

Racing seats allowed but full interior .(Removing rear seat puts you in SM)

STX class is similar but smog legal.. ESP is more favorable to Muscle cars Then SM where your allowed more mods but have to mix it up with smaller cars like in STX. So you have choices Lance..

BTW Lance photos of you autocrossing your Monte Carlo..There is a lot of green grass looks like your are running on wide sidewalks.what place was that?

Now read the rule book and don't take my word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
      Hmmm, that is interesting. Since Lincoln, NE is so close to here, a lot of our guys travel to the National events there and set their cars up to run in classes that they can compete in there. There are some of them that are trying the new road tire classes this year...talk about a PAXing nightmare to try to figure out. The PAX makes sense when handicapping stock cars, but above and beyond the stock classes it doesn't make much sense to me either.

I'm not that familiar with ESP, how much suspension modification can be done to an ESP car.

Basically it sounds like you can either use tires, or extensive suspension mods, or both to make your car handle better and be classed accordingly.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by soloracerSD View Post
      photos of you autocrossing your Monte Carlo..There is a lot of green grass looks like your are running on wide sidewalks.what place was that?
      It's a precision driving center at a local community college, main intent is to train police officers how to drive but they rent it out to our club and have other driving schools there and such. Here's an overhead shot of the facility.

It's got it's plus's and minus's...but it's ours and we use it regularly (about 12 local events a year plus a Divisional meet).

I think I'm stuck in SM for now. The STO class Andrew described above is interesting though. I'm going to talk it up a bit with our SAC and see what they think. Might be something to try for next season.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car