Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 30
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Posts
      15
      Country Flag: United States

      1971 Plymouth Scamp Twin Turbo Toyota Pro-Touring Build

      Body rescued from an Arizona scrapyard, engine from a Japanese Scrapyard, bread and butter Pro Touring Mopar suspension and 6 months build time
      on nights and weekends and we have the Scrapyard Scamp.



      Name:  scamp.jpg
Views: 9809
Size:  61.1 KBName:  scamp2.jpg
Views: 5966
Size:  112.6 KBName:  media blasted.jpg
Views: 4343
Size:  733.7 KBName:  scamp3.jpg
Views: 9974
Size:  164.8 KBName:  scamp4.jpg
Views: 5152
Size:  86.0 KBName:  scamp5.jpg
Views: 4399
Size:  99.4 KBName:  mockup fit for real (Small).jpg
Views: 3928
Size:  69.5 KBName:  before.jpg
Views: 4707
Size:  38.4 KB


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Beaufort,SC
      Posts
      329
      Country Flag: United States
      Thats one of the coolest cars on here.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Annecy France
      Posts
      91
      Country Flag: France
      we need more details !!
      69 mustang in the built
      70 cuda 440 in restoration

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Posts
      164
      Country Flag: Australia
      Neeedssss mooooooooar piiiiiiicturez.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Posts
      15
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by no go nova View Post
      Thats one of the coolest cars on here.
      Thanks! With SO MUCH cool on this forum I'm not so sure but I appreciate the props.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Posts
      15
      Country Flag: United States
      Here are some more pics:

      Name:  coresupport member (Medium).jpg
Views: 3997
Size:  124.2 KBName:  intercooler.jpg
Views: 3558
Size:  30.6 KBName:  mustang tank.jpg
Views: 3605
Size:  82.2 KBName:  bmw mount2 (Small).jpg
Views: 3541
Size:  57.3 KBName:  timmy cutting truck (Medium).jpg
Views: 3528
Size:  107.2 KBName:  mustang tank (Medium).jpg
Views: 3508
Size:  128.0 KBName:  raw brackets pass (Small).jpg
Views: 3556
Size:  65.1 KBName:  trimmed mounts before paint (Small).jpg
Views: 3492
Size:  49.9 KBName:  bmw mount2 (Small).jpg
Views: 3541
Size:  57.3 KB

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Posts
      164
      Country Flag: Australia
      You are my hero.

      Sticking the 2JZ into what we call the VG Valiant is what I would call EPIC. WIN.
      Now, anything been done to the motor?
      Cause it looks schweeeeet.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Clearwater/FL
      Posts
      512
      Country Flag: United States
      My buddy keeps telling me to put a 2jz in my monte. ..
      I told him if he gave me one a would!

      Definitely a cool car, much respect for doing something different.
      85 monte, drift project- small block t5 and 8.8
      88 Blazer sbc
      05 300c

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      illinois
      Posts
      146
      cool is right what trans did you go with

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Posts
      15
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by AusMarty View Post
      You are my hero.

      Sticking the 2JZ into what we call the VG Valiant is what I would call EPIC. WIN.
      Now, anything been done to the motor?
      Cause it looks schweeeeet.
      Engine is essentially stock. That's kind of a misnomer as the 2JZGTE only needs boost and fuel to make more power.
      My thought was to make it a good car before just making it fast. I work for Fram/Autolite/Prestone and I use my
      personal car for event marketing, (My gift to my coworkers ;)), and the Scamp needs to make 1,000 mile trips at every
      outing without being trailered. So let's say it's a driver. My goal is an 11.99 at the drags but really I want a great
      driving car that you were just as glad to take on a trip vs. your new car. That's fairly hard to do.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Posts
      15
      Country Flag: United States
      Transmission is the Supra based A340LE Aisin Automatic.

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Posts
      15
      Country Flag: United States
      As much as I like the 2JZGTE, I would suggest an LS for your car only because it's well sorted out. My buddy Clark and I swapped a GN motor into his 84' SS
      and it's great but we've always said a 6 speed, LS2 or LS3 would have been cooler especially with a turbo. We also built a Fleetwood Brogham with a Police
      Car suspension and a semi built GN engine that ran flat 13's. GN engines are cool but a bit dated for my current tastes.

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Jun 2005
      Posts
      126
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice work. 2jz, never a bad choice.
      Anthony
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/674663
      '71 Datsun 510, 2jz-gte (Supra TT) engine
      http://instagram.com/supra510


    14. #14
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Posts
      15
      Country Flag: United States
      We're like twins in a way Anthony.. ;)

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Livermore, CA
      Posts
      668
      Country Flag: United States
      Very cool!!

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      marion illinois
      Posts
      46
      Country Flag: United States
      I like it. Beats the usual 360 swap
      72 dodge D100, 66 Plymouth Sportfury, 98 Ram SS/T

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      Lethbridge, AB
      Posts
      177
      Country Flag: Canada
      nice! loving the exotic swaps! the intercooler routing is awesome
      Build Thread!!!https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?88692-1971-Speedipus-Rex&p=925864&posted=1#post925864

    18. #18
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Chippewa Falls, WI
      Posts
      290
      Country Flag: United States
      Saw this are Car Craft Nationals last week in MN. I didn't get a chance to look at it as much as I would have liked though (busy weekend) I did have a chance to talk to Dave the owner, very cool guy! I can't wait to see more of the car around this year. Definitely not the run of the mill car.
      Justin N.

      1966 Chevelle
      1992 GMC Typhoon
      1989 Jeep Wrangler CJ 6.0 Twin Turbo
      1981 Jeep CJ7

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Posts
      15
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 72D100 View Post
      I like it. Beats the usual 360 swap
      Except, mags like Car Craft and Hot Rod won't ink the car, Mopar purists are mad, and well I can go on.
      With our little Scamp we attempted to blend cultures while saving the car
      from the crusher. Smart is Justin's build as its tested and proven architecture.

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NW Oregon
      Posts
      581
      Country Flag: United States
      Mopar purists should be thanking you for saving the car from the crusher. Unique build, digging it.
      RobS
      71 Demon, 6.1hemi, paddled 4l65e, AlterK, Tri4,

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


    Tags for this Thread


    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com