Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Saminator View Post
      Thanks Aaron, I really enjoyed talking to you and Tony at GG Columbus. The frame notch is definitely in our future, but I don't think I could get it done before next season. Although I know it will be harder to do after the fact.
      Let me know Sam, it's not really that bad. Tony has some things that should make it even easier now.

Aaron
      65 Chevelle, LS1 with a T56
      Project G-Velle

Since Sam has been back in school he has been bogged down with homework (and Pro-Touring events) so he hasn't had much time to post anything. He did spend most of his summer attending events and keeping our 66 on the road but now we are hoping to make some decent progress this fall and winter. Anyway, here is a picture of the seats that we picked up on ebay. Very comfortable, fairly light and most important, inexpensive.

Very nice!!
      It was good to see you guy's at RTTH, I am digging the 4 doors as of lately they are just starting to look really cool. ( I thought it was because i was getting so old) LOL!!
      Take care
      David
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Sam,It was great to meet up w/you and your folks at sema.If you plan on running a LS based motor I have a set of LS headers I think will work real good in your chevelle chassis that I cant use in my camaro sub frames.They are your's N/C if you want them.Scott Mock.

This is giving me ideas! Subscribing! Loving how it s going and the corvette wheels on it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sloan View Post
      Very nice!!
      It was good to see you guy's at RTTH, I am digging the 4 doors as of lately they are just starting to look really cool. ( I thought it was because i was getting so old) LOL!!
      Take care
      David
      David, it was good to see you too. I have always liked four doors, and I'm glad I'm not the only one! If I haven't already said it already thanks again for signing my shirt at SORC.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwelder62 View Post
      Sam,It was great to meet up w/you and your folks at sema.If you plan on running a LS based motor I have a set of LS headers I think will work real good in your chevelle chassis that I cant use in my camaro sub frames.They are your's N/C if you want them.Scott Mock.
      Thanks Scott, I really enjoyed talking to you at SEMA too. We are definitely going to run the 6.2L L92/LS3 that came out of my Dad's 66 chevelle. I would love to try them. We are planning on moving the motor back and making our own motor mounts, so we will have some more flexibility with the headers.

Paint test panel

Back in June when I spent a week at DSE one of the things I got to do was work on this paint test panel. It is close to Madeira maroon which is an original Chevelle color. It also has a flat clear over it.

Nice test panel Sam!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Looks great Sam, I can see a custom paint job comming out of the Farrington shop.
      Keep up the good work.

i hope to have a build like this with my son when that time comes. pretty cool.. i have seen ur dad and mom mention your project but never seen it and i like it keep up the great work...... boy that would be one sweet christmas at your guy's houses..... lol can i come over
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

Very cool,Sam.If you will PM your address I will send those headers to you.I need to go the UPS office today or mon.Scott M.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      Nice test panel Sam!
      Thanks Herb, I hope the whole car turns out as good as the test panel.

Sam
      Last edited by Saminator; 11-26-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 67MAL View Post
      Looks great Sam, I can see a custom paint job comming out of the Farrington shop.
      Keep up the good work.
      Thanks Malcolm, and thanks for the Southern Polyurethanes paint products to get us started!

Sam
      Last edited by Saminator; 11-26-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by craigs73 View Post
      i hope to have a build like this with my son when that time comes. pretty cool.. i have seen ur dad and mom mention your project but never seen it and i like it keep up the great work...... boy that would be one sweet christmas at your guy's houses..... lol can i come over
      Thanks, I love working on my car and going to events with my parents.

Sam
      Last edited by Saminator; 11-26-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwelder62 View Post
      Very cool,Sam.If you will PM your address I will send those headers to you.I need to go the UPS office today or mon.Scott M.
      Thanks Scott, that will help a lot. I really appreciate it, I am looking forward to seeing you Kevin at events next year.

Sam

Thanks to the generosity of our good friend Jeff Cleary (Black C1 Corvette LS7) I now have a LS7 clutch, flywheel and F-body bell housing! This really helps us in getting the driveline together.

Kewl! Congrats on the buy...
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

We have really liked this product since first seeing it, and my Dad had actually talked to Mark Bowler about us possibly buying the system for my car. I can't thank Mark enough for choosing to give the Phantom Touch-n-Go starter system to me at the Pro-Touring Dinner during SEMA. This ignition system will help set my interior apart from other budget builds like it.

I sure do have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving weekend! Our good friends Chris and Lynda Jacobs turned us on to a great deal on this T56, and also picked it up for us. It came out of a low miles 2005 GTO.

Another good friend of ours, Lance W. sent me a 4 speed Muncie transmission the day after we made the deal on the T56. He said if we couldn't use it we should sell it for project money so we may do that or save it for another build.

As you can see we're really getting a lot of help from a lot of good people!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com