Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

I'm new to the Board

My name is Gary Howard. I own a standard shift transmission company and have been in business full time since 1982 and part trime back to 1957.

I could have easily built myself a 4 speed or even installed a new rockcrusher from the shelf but with gas costing over $3.00 a gallon I had to go with Keisler's new 5 speed. So I ordered one and am waiting for it to come in like many of you. I have a 1955 Chev on a rottisseri now and it should be painted by sometime in April and on the road by June. It is a two door Bel Air and has great sheet metal. There were only two small areas of rust under the short seat brace, one spot on each side.
      I ordered a new Chevy crate engine and promtly installed an Isky hydraulic Roller cam and a set of Aluminum heads and roller rockers. The only area of the car I do not yet have a handle on is the interior. I would like to install a calfskin leather throught out the car as the two tone paint will be a new frosted Burgandy and a frosted Vanilla
      My current transmission business is mostly limited to folks building original cars and ordering period correct transmissions as well as the repair business. I take my hat off to Keisler Engineering for filling a huge void in the transmission business here in the USA. Too bad I never thought of it LOL

Gary Howard dba Garys Gearbox

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome aboard Gary. Gotta like any guy with a 55, one of my all time favorites.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

welcome aboard!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

Welcome to the site,
      I am sure your expertize will benefit people here there is always ?s about 4 speeds
      Get some pics up of that 55
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Hi Guys Mighty nice of you all to say hello. My car is under construction as I just finished the sheet metal work. Fyi I used one of the new B Pillar quarter panels from the afternarket and it worked fine. I did have to make some modifications to the door and fender where they meet the front pillar. ?'s about 4 sppeds, sure any time as I have many many years of building them, fixing them, modifying them and so on. Some info for those of you who like thew old 4 speeds. In the 1990's thew Muncie/Borg Warner gear supply from GM Delco absolutely dried up and for some years we were without inventory.Then a company named Antonio Masseri
      (you might check my spelling on this) opened a gear company in Italy and started producing the entire line of Muncie gears. And for all that time I never had a comeback because of the quality of their gears. Well recently Antonio Masseri went into foreclosure and they are out of business. I found out about this almost as soon as it happened and called around and bought some New Rockcrusher trans. Unless someone else starts up a major gear co, we are now out of business. Oh there is still some pipeline fill but the majority of the M-22 stuff is gone. All thats left is some used stuff Regards gary

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com