Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Hot LT4 or LS1?

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States
      if you decide to go with the LT motor dont buy the LT4 conversion kit. you can do better for less. besides with your power goals in mind there are parts in the LT4 kit that you want need like the cam and the valve springs. you will need the LT4 intake so that you can match it up to LT4 style heads.

what i would recommend for an LT based motor is to get with lloyd elliot at eportworks.com or contact Bret Bauer who is sstrokerace on this board. they do very good work. personally i would go with LT4 intake matched to LT4 heads or AFR LT4 heads. the heads and possibly the intake will need to be ported. then get a nice rumpity cam from them. keep it in a 350 or 355 and make sure you have all the supporting parts like exhaust and fuel injectors. you can have well over 400rwhp with this type of setup.

also i didnt notice if you said you have an LT block. you can not put LT heads on a non LT block. the block is unique to the LT line up and the heads will not work on a gen I sbc. however you can modify Gen I heads to work on the LT blocks. that usually requires a sheetmetal intake to work though.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com