Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

2005 Chevy Corvette build & upgrades & Nova parts donater thread

I've been on hear for a while now, and drooling over these muscle cars, so I pm'd Larry to see if my Vette build up thread would be appropriate and he said yeah... so here we are.

Also note - the OEM parts that I'm ripping off, I'll be saving for a 68-74 Nova build that I have going on in my head. Might as well save money right? The brakes, part of the exhaust, intake manifold will all find its way onto my project car that I'll be getting eventually.

I picked up the Car July 4th 2007 - down in Atlanta GA, and it was fun as hell celebrating the red white and blue holiday driving this car w/ the top out on the 3 hr drive home.

I picked up the car with 7,000 miles on it and have put almost 30k on it now. Its a Z51 equipped car with all options except OnStar and Nav. Its got a T56 and heads up display.

Heres some pics of the day I got it... bone stock!

Yes the dealer sticker is long gone!

About 2 months after I owned the car, I ordered a Vararam Intake, and a CAGS! delete... stupidest system ever put on a Stick shift car!

Fast foward to Spring of '08.. entered my first car show... yeah didnt win anything, oh well.

I joined a Charlotte Corvette club in 2008, I've gone to many car shows, cruised all around NC and SC, and raced on LMS, and enjoyed a few mountain runs.

Misc pics..

Lowes Motor Speedway - Dec 2008

100 mph+ ON LMS, it was a freaking blast, I definitely recommend it to anyone!

So my Runcraps where kinda worn in the back from all the driving around, and then I got a flat on I485 near Charlotte so I was lucky to drive on the flat runcrap and got home. This started a chain reaction.

Since I needed new rear tires, I got some BF Goordrich KDW2's, not only did they handle a hell of a lot better, they where a lot quieter!

New Rears....

Feb 2009...
      There was a local car club going to a dyno shop, so I put it on the rollers and see what she put down.

Car put down 375 rwhp & 374 rwtq... Not bad for being on stock tune and just an intake!

Fast forward to Spring 2009....
      I ran the mismatched tires for awhile, and was cleaning up my car when I noticed the fronts where corded!

So I ordered some wheels from a Vette vendor, ordered new front tires from Discount tire... and off to the tire shop I go!

I ordered some Repo ZR1 style wheels that fit flush with the fender... and they just happen to clear these....

So with 8 weeks before the 2009 Hot Rod Power Tour - which btw I registered at the last minute and still got decent rooms.... I ordered the C6 Z06 brakes... well West Coast Corvettes had them on backorder for 6 weeks... I literally bolted them on the Week before the Power Tour... I guess a 4k mile road trip is the proper way to bed in the pads..

& finished product...
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com