Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

aftermarket audio for 1st gen camaro

I already tried lateral-g on this, but no one could really find anything. Does anyone know of a place to get aftermarket kickpanels, stereos, speaker housings etc. that don't require tearing anything original up. I already know of custom autosound and secret audio, but they don't seem to offer anything of real quality.

A quality car audio can build custom inclosures for you. just explain what you want, they'll work with you.

Country Flag: United States
      I have wondered about this too, I have considered buying the custom autosound kickpanels and just putting a better speaker in them
      72 Nova SS, on the back burner for now.

current cruiser: "The green machine"

'70 Impala 4drht, 26K original miles, 2" drop springs and large swaybars, drives pretty good for a land yahct in the middle of an ls1 swap, but thinking about changing directions to a duramax diesel swap.

Did you try Year one at all? I was pretty sure their 69 Camaro had kick panels in it. They also made panels for the rear passengers as well.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

I have checked every where for audio kick panels for a 69, non existant. You'll have to have some custom made.

Making kick pods is an easy thing to do. there are a few tutroials on the web for you to look at. If you arent afraid of Fibreglass. You can also use Laminating epoxy if you dont want all the odor of FG resin.

Here is a guide to alot of tutorials on audio http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=135835
      Nothing says "I built this" better than tool marks and dykem blue..

Follow my 3 link build. https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=61592

Quote Originally Posted by Ummgawa
      I have checked every where for audio kick panels for a 69, non existant. You'll have to have some custom made.

Have you tried here ???

http://www.custom-autosound.com/

I guess you could make a custom kickpanel if you'd like but i'd just measure out how deep the speaker is and i cut a hole in my kickpanels and mounted it there. I know alot of people don't like cutting up the original stuff but it worked for what i needed it to and they sell new ones if i ever wanted to go back to factory. Also i cut out the original radio and put a ABS plastic insert and mounted my stereo there. Also cut out the two areas in the back deck and put 2 6x9's back there and now i'm looking into a custom enclosure for my 2 JL Audio 10 W3's and 1800 Watt amp for the trunk.

I can get a pic of the kickpanels if anyone wants to see how it turned out...I was happy enough with it and it sounded pretty good.

William

William,
      Yeah, love to see some pictures of that, in the midst of doing the same right now to my 69 camaro. I was going to just put the speakers on a panel w/ no enclosure first and see how it sounded. I'm expecting crappy so i'll prob. have to build an enclosure.

Ryan

doesnt the water inside the kick panels get into the back of your speakers???

It rained for 2 straight days as hard as you can possibley imagine on the Hot Rod Power Tour this year and my speakers didnt even get damp.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Here is something I am going to consider when its time for a stereo. With this I can keep my old AM radio in place and have this mounted somewhere out of sight. Click on the REMOTE stereo pic.

http://www.geocities.com/joesclassiccarradio/

How about some fricken kickpanels for a 69 Camaro??? You can get them for 67 and 68 but not 69.. whats up with that???

"All I wanted were some sharks with friggen lasers.." <-- in Dr. Evil voice...
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com