I have an 812 Z28 and am researching suspension packages. Car will be used for street use, autocross and I may eventually track the car but not competitively. I have 18" wheels, thus not much sidewall and car has a small block with aluminum head, aluminum intake and fiberglass hood. Ride quality is important but I understand, and will accept, some reduction in quality for improved handling. If everything is designed and works correctly, the ride should be firm but not harsh (as is the case with my 68 Chevelle using SC&C parts - amazing improvement and great ride).

I'm interested in PTFB products, but some folks have stated the ride is extremely harsh. Some have even described some odd characteristics with the car bouncing uncontrollably after hitting bumps (see this: what shocks with PTFB GT kit?).

Other folks have been very happy and rave about how great the parts are with no mention of harsh characteristics.

I know shocks make a big difference in ride quality and maybe some of the PTFB packaged shocks are just not a good match. Maybe the shocks/valving have changed over the years?

Any actual real world feedback is appreciated!