Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

69/C10 Racing stance options for stock chassis ?

I am looking for a low "racing stance" with the stock frame since aftermarket frame is out of question now. I have short bed 69 C10 and I will box it, notch it, stiffen it and gage it eventually. I am looking for 10" wide front wheels to get enough tire for track use. Any ideas?

I assume your going to get some type of suspension upgrades if you're going to track it, a few bolt on Arms and coil overs UMI, QA1, or even CPP come to mind.

Can you transfer that "low racing stance" into an approximate drop number?
      To get low and have decent rear compression numbers requires at least a c notch and more likely a raised bed floor with larger notch. On the front the crossmember gets pretty low if you try and use the stock one. I you fabricate and want to go cheap then you can z the front and pancake the crossmember.

QA1 and ridetech have some decent bolt on systems.

Also No Limit Engineering.

-Dale
      Pro Touring Store: Your parts source for all things Pro Touring! We have the best prices & service from suspension, to crate engine packages, to billet accessories and much more!
      www.ProTouringStore.com
      (Not affiliated with Pro-Touring.com)

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
      Can you transfer that "low racing stance" into an approximate drop number?
      To get low and have decent rear compression numbers requires at least a c notch and more likely a raised bed floor with larger notch. On the front the crossmember gets pretty low if you try and use the stock one. I you fabricate and want to go cheap then you can z the front and pancake the crossmember.
      I really cant say the exact number but I am looking stance as close as "lemon twist" with the limits of stock frame. Notching the frame and raising bed floor is not an problem as well as new front suspension.

https://levelsevenmotorsports.com/project/lemon-twist/

Lemon Twist is probably around 8 rear?? I asked Corey before when it was higher & I believe it was around 6 or 7 then.
      The TCI pro-touring setup puts the frame rails 4-4.5" off the ground.
      NoLimit says 5-6 off the ground IIRC for their front with raised rail rear

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com