Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Fuel Pressure Gauge?

Hi all. So I am mocking up the connection to my fuel rail. Originally I wanted to run a fuel pressure gauge at the rail. But now I am having second thoughts. There are too many connections for me that are in a high vibration and high heat area. What are your thoughts? Does anybody else run a fuel pressure gauge at the rail?

My fuel system is a Ricks Tank, vaporworx pwm setup with a ZL1 pump. Engine is ~600 crank HP (dyno'ed at 610). I used NiCop 3/8" hard lines to the engine bay. Oh this is in a 69 Camaro

My current thoughts are to terminate the hard line near the motor mount. Then run a -6 PTFE line to the rail similarly to the picture, minus the gauge and associated fittings.

Or make a hard line from the fuel rail on the engine to near the engine mount. Then connect the PTFE line between the hard line on the engine and the frame mounted hard line. This should minimize the movement and keep it away from the back of the engine near the flywheel and clutch.

Like to hear your thoughts and pictures would be great!
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com