Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hybrid View

Country Flag: United States
      If you're going to do more projects, I would strongly encourage you to get a good hydraulic flaring tool. I bought a Mastercool. I see Eastwood sells a clone for $289. It will do most everything and make you look good while doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      If you're going to do more projects, I would strongly encourage you to get a good hydraulic flaring tool. I bought a Mastercool. I see Eastwood sells a clone for $289. It will do most everything and make you look good while doing it.
      I considered that. I think it was that exact tool. I watched some videos and everything. A friend at work let me borrow his 3/16" hand flaring tool, which is also from eastwood, and it works great. Im actually going to go back and buy one later to have. After this truck is done, Ill only need it for repairs and replacements. The ford has new pre-bent steel lines that I replaced around Christmas and I dont plan on getting crazy with it. I also have the other universal flaring tool set. I bought it because we decided to go with 1/4" line to feed the rear brakes. Its a bit cumbersome. I like the small one, and Im getting pretty good with it.

All the other lines are AN, and we have the flaring tool and benders at work for those.

Worked in the garage today. I got the clutch in. I cant finish, because I need a throw out bearing. I did a little welding also. Stephen had started welding a battery try for me. I laid it out, cut it and bent it up. He tig welded it at first. When I put it where I wanted it, it hit the tire. So I shortened it up, and welded it myself in the garage this morning. I think it turned out good. Ill have to drill a few more holes for mounting, and paint it before calling it done. I also made a support from the old battery support. I might modify the other as well. It will need some type of support on the inside also. Just a few little things, but its progress.
      Name:  20200613_134004 - Edited.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  95.7 KBName:  20200613_131218 - Edited.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  129.1 KBName:  20200613_124056 - Edited.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  144.3 KBName:  20200613_124047 - Edited.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  147.8 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com