Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

1966 Mustang Street/track Build

Guess I will start a thread on my build, I had it in vintage-mustang but those guys get mad that the car will have bigger than 15" wheels lol

Now this wont be like most on here. I will not have $10,000 suspension. Or $3,000 wheels. I cannot afford any of that stuff. I am building the car the be fun on the street and handle the best it can on the track the way it will be set.
      But I will be doing all the work my self and doing it on a budget.

Lets gets started.

I bought this car from my Uncle after interest was lost and space ran out.

He had started a Vintage class Trans-Am racecar. Is was being built to be a copy of Walt Hane ( eps-hane.com ) 66 track car.

They started with a stock 66 v8/3 speed car with great bones. Not much rust, and very straight.

It was acid dipped. and Fully stitchwelded. Every seam and crack has now been welded. The rear was tubbed to the frame rails and I will run as wide of a tire as I can. The front fender had a 1.5 flair added.

Then the Interior got a 10 point cage with driver door bar. Remember this was going to be a actual competitive race.

This was all done between 1999 and 2001ish..... and the car sat ever since.

Now here is where my part starts. I bought the car in 2013 and had no money or time. Now I have more time, but still not a lot of money. hahaha

Here is the how it sat.

1966 Mustang Coupe
      5.0 EFI- T5

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com