Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ekmxryda View Post
      I keep an Excel spread sheet for parts and labor that I hope my wife doesn't find!
      I have hundreds of pages bookmarked from suppliers, builds where I liked a style or idea, and I also do the Excel spreadsheet. I have tracked every dime, including if I sold off parts that wound up not working and even the shipping. I have a 4" ring binder with every document related to this build. One day, I hope to put the whole thing into this car's unique manual. It would be great to pull out a book and look up "fuel regulator" or whatever and see details on the manufacturer, spec, and how to change it out.

'69 Charger TT Viper project - SOLD
      '65 Mustang Shelby clone project "almost done"

I found this site by researching 69 chevelle’s. My fiancé’s dad has one that’s been stored in a garage for the last 20 years. He is a little older and just doesn’t care about it. He said I Po I wanted it I’d have to clean out the garage, and drive it out under its own power.. it did run when he parked it. It nothing special. But maybe one day... but while searching the build threads I came across yours and spent a hand full of days can’t wait to see it finished, I ohhhhed and aweeed at almost every picture. Then seen what happened. Felt bed and sorry you went through all this. I am happy to hear that you are in fact going through with t. I spent a ton Of money on a 66 beetle that was suppose to be my “A to B” car. Some 20k on it for customer engine and trans and wiring and headlights, and brakes and wheels. I did most the work myself and the first time I started Bugsley up was just a moment few understand.. most in this forum do I bet. Taking him out for the first few cruises was great, at that time nothing made me happier. I did something foolish one day and left engine tins off and over heated it. It sat for 3 years with the one day I’ll get back to it.. I ended up selling hi for 4k.. 30k invested and I was devastated.. my best friend and me was sitting there and he told me the thing I regretted the most was the money. Could’ve put it to my race bikes or invested it.. but you can’t put a price on happiness and that’s what building and driving these cars do... makes you happier then anything. And it’s worth what ever you put into it to make you smile. To make you happy.. thanks for the thread, I really enjoyed reading it and I hope I can read the finished post one day..

TL;DR: you can’t put a price on happiness.

Did you sell the Charger through ebay or after the ebay listing?

Sold it after the auction ended. I had a lot of interest. She was a great project, and a lot of love went into her. Someday I will update you all on the politics and behind the scenes issues that kill projects like this. I am sure you all have some idea of what I am talking about!

I’m sorry to hear you sold it, I was looking forward to seeing that project completed. Very cool car!
      Good luck on your next project!
      Pat

Quote Originally Posted by keepat View Post
      I’m sorry to hear you sold it, I was looking forward to seeing that project completed. Very cool car!
      Good luck on your next project!
      Pat
      Thanks, Pat. Your car is an inspiration to ingenuity, build detail, and quality!
      I'm finishing a project soon and looking to start another. Doing all the work I possibly can myself this time.

Someone call the Doctor,

I'm sick with the Charger envy.
      I took away a few things from this thread as I come here to learn. Came in and read it all in one sitting. So I have minimal time invested unlike many others. Like watching your best Netflix show season by season, back to back. I also have a 68 charger but I've been sitting on for the last 4 years waiting for right time to steam roll a much lower level of a project. I let it sit knowing the market was going to boom eventually and my chance decreases each year at finding one to build from at a reasonable cost. Well, I bought some one else's headache, yes, BUT! The difference is, is that I can do most of the work myself, or at least 70% of it. I'm no Doctor of engineering or Expert Fabricator but this is how I learn minus some Body, all Paint and some Interior. I've built my budget and I'm confident in sticking to it. I've weighed my options on USCAR Unibody Supports to full Frames, RS, AM or Schwartz. Exactly how you started. (Going with Schwartz BTW for obvious reasons) Quickly it can get out of hand but reading threads like this will help others such as myself keep a conscious mind during the build process. Remember KISS, Well, I keep calling myself stupid as a reminder when having an OMC
      ( One Man conversation ) .

I Hope you find the scratch that gets your itch with something else to enjoy and fill the void. Luckily, I have other hotrods I use to pick up parts and cruise and very surprised to find a full charger door fits in a Tri-Five Trunk! However, I start mine next Spring 2022. But will take me 3 years to complete but my plan is rock solid and financially planned (Kids Included) If it's any constellation, it's a 440, 6-speed magnum full frame modest build. Designed by me and my wife(also a gear nut). The charger is actually hers and was her 30th Birthday gift. So to quote my hero David Freiburger. " It doesn't have to be right, it just has to run. " Good Luck on your next move.
      ~ Kraus

Name:  Belair Charger Trunk.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  446.8 KB

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com