Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by medici78 View Post
      Thanks, guys. Yes, this shop does amazing work.

Thank you for the observation. What is the correct way? Anything else I should look out for?
      I will get you a pic of the upper control arms on my car tomorrow.
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

wow.....very sharp color!

the upper control arms are upside down and most likely on the wrong side and the ball joints need to mounted above the arm...hope this helps

[/URL][/IMG]
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

Corrected the control arm issue and stabbed engine/trans:

9-inch installed:

Installed cutout so I don't have to drop tank to service fuel pump:

looks great dude, love that color combination.

Thanks for the props, folks.
      LS Brackets on the LS3 look great.

We used Heidts adjustable power steering valve to get the correct pressure to the box.

Buttoning up engine bay:

Front end coming back together. You can see the A/C condenser and the transmission cooler:
      '71 Nova : LS3, Ridetech, 9-inch, CC Wheels, etc.
      '71 Pontiac Trans Am: 455 HO, TKO600, 17" Honeycombs, etc.
      https://www.instagram.com/impslap/

The car looks great. I like the color.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      The car looks great. I like the color.
      Thanks.
      Progress continues:
      Grill restored and reinstalled:

Dakota Digital VHX gauges:

Cold-Air Intake finished:

Finished up the undercarriage. Wheels/tires are on. As you can see, there are ZERO external body mods as I want the car to look as stock as possible on the outside.
      I was having some slight tire/wheel clearance issues/doubts on the front so it seems it may have to sit about an inch taller than I wanted it to. Probably not a bad thing since the Hooker headers hang a little low along with the 3" exhaust. Not pictured, but I went with an H-pipe vs X-pipe due to the Driveshaft Shop recommended 3" driveshaft along with the TR6060 trans didn't give much room to fit the x-pipe without seriously compromising ground clearance. The H-pipe solved all the problems. If I could go back, I would have gone with oval exhaust.
      I was hoping the Tru-Turn setup allows the front to camber-in enough to buy me clearance. I would love to sit a little lower, if possible. Any thoughts/suggestions from those with this setup installed?

On the rear deck you can see the JBL T595 6x9's. Mexicans affectionately call them Tortugas (spanish for turtle) due to the bulky appearance and robustness. They've been discontinued for years but they are still prized for their high output and power handling. I had a pair leftover that i had re-coned sitting around. I just thought they looked cool and gave a little old-school flavor (not to mention they will handle rear-fill duties nicely).
      Audio plans include a Retrosound headunit in stock location Speakers are Focal PS 165 components for the front, the aforementioned T595's in the rear deck and 2 DD Audio 1508 (8") subs. For power I'm using Sundown amps pushing 150x4 watts to mids/highs and 1500 watts (750 apiece) to the subs.
      I also installed a trunk-mounted Kinetik HC2000 battery to run the car and the audio.
      The car is getting Dynamat all over as well.

I love keeping the body stock on a PT build. IMO, that is going to be killer! Just curious, by having a shop in Mexico do the work does it save much on the cost? You have me curious about having them do a paint job now.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      I love keeping the body stock on a PT build. IMO, that is going to be killer! .
      I think that you're 100% right , by this way you keep the spirit of the old car intact, I don't like builds that denature the lines and spirit of a car (like the Ringbrothers builds for example)....
      At least some minor and discrete mods are welcomed but they have to make you ask yourself if it's stock or mod. Pure Vision cars are right for this style of jobs.
      A PT with a stock body is the ultimate sleeper !

1972 Buick Skylark Coupe Pro-Touring (of course!)
      1968 Pontiac Catalina Station Wagon
      1971 El Camino SOLD
      1978 Dodge B200 Tradesman Maxivan ShaggyVan

I love keeping the body stock on a PT build. IMO, that is going to be killer! Just curious, by having a shop in Mexico do the work does it save much on the cost? You have me curious about having them do a paint job now.
      As for cost, it would be best to contact Jesse directly. The cost was not really relevant as much as the quality of the work. I have had shops all over the country do work for me and I would rank Street Toys among the best. The work ethic and quality was the #1 factor that made me give them the work. That said, their rates are competitive with any high-end US-based shop and the level of quality is among the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Buick View Post
      I think that you're 100% right , by this way you keep the spirit of the old car intact, I don't like builds that denature the lines and spirit of a car (like the Ringbrothers builds for example)....
      At least some minor and discrete mods are welcomed but they have to make you ask yourself if it's stock or mod. Pure Vision cars are right for this style of jobs.
      A PT with a stock body is the ultimate sleeper !
      Agreed. While shops like RingBrothers blow me away with their builds, the modernized classic look just doesn't do it for me. I made it a point to keep the body as close to as-delivered style as possible. I figure the GM stylists did a great job in their day and I don't feel like messing with it 45 years later. I am taking the same concept with the interior with the stock style and patterns but in leather with some minor custom touches for comfort.

Obviously you are very comfortable getting around in Juarez but the one time I was there it seemed like total chaos and I felt completely out of place. How do you prevent something like the Nova from being stolen? I have heard that auto theft is a big problem in El Paso and once they get a vehicle across the border it is generally gone for good.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Obviously you are very comfortable getting around in Juarez but the one time I was there it seemed like total chaos and I felt completely out of place. How do you prevent something like the Nova from being stolen? I have heard that auto theft is a big problem in El Paso and once they get a vehicle across the border it is generally gone for good.
      I grew up in the area, so I've been exposed to a lot more good and bad than the casual visitor. I still find parts of China to be way more chaotic than Juarez, lol. The shop is in a non descript building in an industrial area and they take proper security precautions so theft is not a concern for me during the build. They've been around over 10 years, of which a few were at the peak of the violence/crime in the city, without any incidents.

As for auto theft in El Paso, I take the same common sense precautions anyone should. It's no worse a problem here than in NoVA. MUCH lower rate than D.C., actually.

PM me if you ever want to come down. I'd be more than happy to take you to tour the shop.

Killer toy you have there!
      Justin Novick
      Sales/Support
      Entropy Radiator / Engineered Cooling Products
      "The Sexiest Radiators For The Sexiest Hot Rods"

www.EntropyRad.com www.SpeedCooling.com

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@EntropyRad View Post
      Killer toy you have there!
      Thanks!

Got some more pics from the shop.

Engine bay 98% done. I plan to add some coil pack or fuel rail covers:

Laying down Dynamat. I know it adds weight and all, but this car will be driven often and on road trips. Also note the e-brake. We had to fit a Lokar unit as the roll cage placement interfered with the factory e-brake pedal assembly. I didn't mind the compromise as I prefer this style anyway.:

Bumper installed and aligned. Headlights are H4 conversion. I love the mean look on these cars.:

I showed up to see this surprise. It looks like the fuel rail/coil pack covers were added for me.

More Dynamat:

Dash almost done. The original dash was restored in-house and a custom dash pad was made from the original to conform to the roll cage. The stitching is a deviated blue stitching to match the exterior color:

I love this car, can't wait to see some finished pics! If I ever get back in the El Paso area I will get in touch. My neighbor has two houses one here in Va and the other in Plainview, TX. and he is always bugging me to go back to TX with him.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com