Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Changes to the SCC series and a new website

Hey fellow racers, I just wanted to inform you on somechanges regarding the So Cal Challenge events series. We have spent the lastfew weeks looking at how we can make the events more fun for the participantsas well as posting more information about the series.
      In the last few weekswe have traveled out to a few different events, talked to different drivers,from both the professional to the newbie, and read tons of information on theweb about other events and their operations.

From our findings we want to share with you some of thechanges that we have decided to make to the So Cal Challenge. First thingsfirst, we want to get our message across to you to this is a “Racer’s Series”and the “You talk, we listen” approach is one that we always have in mind. Nowbefore I get everyone asking for their “Number One Plate” so to speak, pleaseremember that we are a new series, and that there is always going to be“growing pains” along the way, but again our intentions are to hold theseevents as long as they are fun and competitive.

One of the major changes that we will be adopting will bethe “running time” format that most are familiar with at the “Good-guys” shows.Practice times will still be ran in the morning, so drivers will know wherethey’re at. After lunch two recorded times will count as the finishing orderwhich will be determined by the running order. (Based on the number ofparticipants, to ensure that everyone gets a fair shot.) So the best time equals 1st placein a class and so on. The classes will remain the same where as at the end ofthe class running, the top finishers of their class will compete in a solo “onelap dash” for the over all winner of the event. Driver with the best solo dash run is the winner.

Please visit our re-vamped website www.socalchallenge.com where you will find an easy to use formatlisted at the top of the page. Click on “results” where you can view recordedtimes listed by the vehicles number from all three of this years’ events. Wantto see where you or another driver is at in the points standings? Click“results” again and a pull down menu lists all of the drivers by name andvehicle number from all of our events. A list of the series “rules” as well as“tech guidelines” can also be found on the site including photos of you or yourfavorite SCC driver in the “gallery” section.

The site is also a great place to learn more about ourseries sponsors, as we have listed new information on their products, and servicesas well. Click on any of the logos, or visit our “news” header for informationregarding our sponsors or future SCC events. You can also scroll down the pageto learn more about our sponsors as well as view videos’ about the event.

The SCC events have been featured in DRIVE, magazine, aswell as in a few other magazines such Super Chevy, and online at Street LegalTV, / plus Pro-Touring. Links to those articles can be seen, or will be addedto the site as soon as we get them. Don’t forget the Chadand Brian from Bangshift.com are huge supporters of SCC as Chadwill be back to announce the next SCC event August 31st, in Costa Mesa.

I just want to thank all of you for becoming a part of theSo Cal Challenge. We are excited to come out and race with you guys and want toextend our invitation for you to be a part of the fun as well. If you have anycomments, please email me at [email protected]as I’d love to hear from you!
      Take care, and keep racing!
      Marcel Venable

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com