Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Pro Touring/Autocross 68 F100

I thought I'd start a new thread on my truck. I completed the HRPT, and done a good bit of autocrossing this year.
      This is my first year autocrossing and I absolutely love. I need alot more seat time but I did win 3 place in a autocross in the truck class.
      Long story short, my truck handled fairly well with the boxed in chassis, truck arm rear and Crown Victoria front suspension but the geometry is less than desirable.
      I talked to Rob at No Limit Engineering and we agreed his chassis will improve the handling greatly plus the body will be alot lower on the chassis.
      It should be here next month around Christmas.
      The engine is a Department of Boost GT450 supercharged 4.6 3 valve from a 2008 Mustang GT.
      I've built a new short block with JE forged pistons, Manley H beam rods and a stock cast crankshaft all balanced.
      The cast crankshaft is good for about 750hp.
      I'm using all ARP hardware.
      Department of Boost is about to send my new supercharger which is a modified TVS Gen2R.
      I'll run around 20lbs of boost and estimating 700rwhp.
      The transmission, well, that's the weak link. TR3650 that's remote shifted. I was using a Barton shifter that I modified the linkage.
      I sold my old chassis to a friend and finished stripping the truck apart today.
      Basically this is a new build. Some of you seen it before.
      It's going to be better than ever.

- - - Updated - - -

The last picture is the engine before I took it all apart.
      Attached Images Attached Images          

Country Flag: Canada
      Always like to see more trucks and can’t wait to see the No Limit chassis get in there. This is going to be good!

Country Flag: United States
      Hell. Yeah. Brother.

Glad to see more Ford love too. Congrats on the podium finish. I'm anxious to see this new chassis.

What do you think is the primary geometry shortcoming with the CV front end?
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      Hell. Yeah. Brother.

Glad to see more Ford love too. Congrats on the podium finish. I'm anxious to see this new chassis.

What do you think is the primary geometry shortcoming with the CV front end?
      I honestly can't explain it all. One thing is the steering Ackerman.
      Dont get me wrong, it works good but just not as well as a complete aftermarket chassis.
      I've had a blast in the old truck.

Here's a few pictures from this past year.

Here's another picture.
      Remember these were all how the truck was before last week.

These are the headlight bezels and gauge cluster from Munssey Speed and Design going on my truck.
      I've got 2 grills. One is a almost new reproduction grill and the other is decent.
      I can't decide if I should hydrodip a grill in Carbon fiber to match the carbon fiber bezels or just paint it black or leave the polished grill in to accent the bezels?

i just found you on Insta. Can not wait for the frame to get here.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

Quote Originally Posted by Frank ZX View Post
      These are the headlight bezels and gauge cluster from Munssey Speed and Design going on my truck.
      I've got 2 grills. One is a almost new reproduction grill and the other is decent.
      I can't decide if I should hydrodip a grill in Carbon fiber to match the carbon fiber bezels or just paint it black or leave the polished grill in to accent the bezels?
      Personally I'd go option 1 and hydro dip. My 69 had a brushed original grill and it looked amazing, but yours would stick out like a sore thumb without any other real polished items. Plus everyone loves murdered out hot rods.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Here's a picture from this years HRPT.
      And Here's some body work being done on the truck now. I removed the chrome drip rail and I'm filling in the metal underneath.
      I'll post better picture of the cab soon.

I've been following your instagram for a few months now, I can't wait to see more progress on this truck!

Great opener. We just got the new rail sides in. Bump side F100's are pretty new for us. After a few one-off builds, we revised and updated out rail files to make the chassis as strong, clean, and user friendly as we can. We are ALMOST as excited about this Project as you are. I'll send you som epicts to post as soon as we have some fabbed parts. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your family.

That's great news Rob! Yes, please send me some pictures when you can. I've gone a little overboard again
      My tires and clutch/brake pedal assembly should be here today. I'll have the cab painted in a few days but I'm going to have to wait on the fenders and bed til I get the tires mocked up on the chassis. I'm thinking I'll have to flair the fenders and besides slightly for 335 tires.
      We had a good Thanksgiving. Hope yall did as well.

Paint was very thin on the cab. I sprayed epoxy primer on the bare metal spots. I hate sanding this stuff.
      I welded the cab seams so that created more filling.
      Hopefully I'll get it to the 2k primer in the next day or 2.
      I still have a little filler left after all this welding metal.
      And UPS and FedEx are running very slow this time of year.
      I was hoping to show off some cool parts. Lol

Tires came today. 335/30 compared to 295/50.
      I also ordered a TR6060 shifter from Red Roberts. Astro Performance tr6060 will be shipped tomorrow.
      Red has a shifter that exits the transmission tunnel in the stock location but angled 2 inches towards me and 2.6 inches aft. I also ordered a beefy shifter handle made from some .400" chromoly.
      I finally have one corner of the truck ready for....primer!!!
      Seems one of the shipping companies had a accident(no names mentioned) and I have some parts delayed.
      I'll post a truckload of parts all at once.

The cab is taking shape. I got a new water pump for my supercharger heat exchanger. This thing moves huge amounts of water. The heat exchanger holds 5 gallons of coolant and it's worked very well the the old water pump. I always had super cool IAT temps and I'm expecting near ambient (I said near) IAT. This water pump should do it. Remember I'm going to run 20lbs boost. Up from 11-12 lbs boost.
      I finally got the cams degrees in. 8 degrees retard on the left bank and 6 degrees retard on the right bank. I got 110.25 and 110.00 left and right. The cams are for a naturally aspirated engine. From everyone I talked to said you dont want boost going out the exhaust so going around 6 degrees retard helps. The cams sound very unique and I love the sound.
      I finally got the Tilton pedals and there everything I expected. Atleast 15lbs lighter than the factory pedals and there closer together.
      Im taking the quick change rearend to Rob at No Limit one day next week to be fitted to the new chassis. This is going fast!
      Im so freaking excited!!!

Here's the new balanced engine with Manley H beam rods and JE forged pistons. It has a billet oil pump, slightly ported heads and MMR billet timing chain tensioners.
      It should make 700HP to the tires. If not, very close;) depending on the dyno which I dont really believe in dynos.
      There nothing more than a tool for tuning.
      I live in a rural part of Georgia. I've always found a safe spot to go WOT in 3rd gear to do my tuning, responsibly;)

I've also locked the cams to do away with the variable cam timing. Before now I had 20 degree limiters on the cams.
      Between the VCT and cams installed straight up the motor made too much torque on the bottom end and power signed off too early. This cause traction issues out of a turn. We're hoping the bottom end still makes good power but peaks in the mid range to topend.

My cab is ready to block sand but before I paint the cab I'm going to mock the Tilton pedals.
      The firewall is weak from the factory. I had a piece of 3/16 steel behind the dash supporting the factory pedals. This time I'm cutting a section of firewall out and welding a thicker piece of sheet metal and a doubler with some bracing. My spot weld cutter broke. I cant believe the factory put this many spot welds in.

I thought someone would have commented by now.
      You guys are hard to impress. Lmao!
      I have the pedals mocked up and A doubler on the firewall tacked in. I decided against cutting the old firewall for 2 reasons. 1 it a template to drill existing holes that will have to be drilled out and 2 it has a tiny bit of support.
      I think I'm going to make another doubler but smaller for inside and a 3/16 plate for the under hood part of the firewall. Then I have to come up with a way to support the pedals to the steel lower part of the dash.
      I think my wife is getting me a TMI dash pad.
      I'd like to make some carbon fiber door panels to match the instrument cluster.
      I just got the Munssey Speed pieces. There are beautiful.
      Gauge cluster and headlight bezels. I'm waiting on 3 more gauges.
      All this work should reduce the weight by I'm guess 500 lbs. Maybe more if I'm lucks.
      The new pedals are 3 inches shorter just like I wanted.
      I'm thinking about building a support for my heals?
      Thoughts?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com