Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: New Frame?

Country Flag: Canada

New Frame?

Hi guys. Great that trucks have a section now, thanks. I have a 56' F100 with a 2011 coyote and 4R70W. The motor is pushed back about 2" into the firewall. I boxed the frame and installed MII and parallel 4 bar out back. Well, now I get to reading too much on this site, and I am thinking I want a new frame, suspension, brakes, wheels, everything. What do you guys recommend? I want cornering! Thanks.

Country Flag: United States

New Frame?

What suspension do you have now?
      Front and rear? Shocks, gearbox, rack and pinion? The more details the better...

Pictures?
      I work for Baggers now!

Country Flag: Canada
      I boxed the frame and installed MII and parallel 4 bar out back. It has QA1 single adjustable coilovers and mustang rack and pinion and just the ford granada/camaro brake upgrade. . Basically I am thinking that I am just going to try and sell what I have and just buy a new frame, complete with all suspension and brakes and steering. I plan on keeping my steering column Ididit, and everything else new.

Country Flag: United States

New Frame?

Peter,
      Sounds to me like you have good set up already.

I bet with a little tuning and maybe a track day or two that truck will be pretty good.

Spring rates and sway bars might be a good start. I'm a fan of the heavy sway bar soft spring set up.

Tires and wheels make huge difference! Go as wide as you can in the front but stay away from going to wide in the back. Example If the front tires are smaller 255/50/18 and the rears are 315/35/18 than the truck will want to push or under steer in a corner. Personally I would rather see 285 or 295 rear tire if the smaller front tire was the only option. I run 195's. all the way around my truck.

If you still want to buy a frame then you have plenty if options for that truck. Good luck and hope this helps.
      I work for Baggers now!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com