Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by PCHRODS View Post
      Hey Guy.....Looking good man!!
      Thanks Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by gak68 View Post
      Awesome truck; I'm jealous. I have been looking around for a clean 454SS truck to make into a daily driver. They are either beat to death around here or clean and priced way too high.
      Thanks buddy. I've had it for awhile and my family has enjoyed it since '95. I think you find more of the "beat to death" ones around than the "clean" ones. If I was looking for one, the 91-93 would be the ones I would look for with the 4l80e trans. I don't know if the mileage is any better but mine has a th400 and is about 8-10mpg.
      Last edited by Guyt699; 04-02-2014 at 11:34 AM. Reason: typo

A few people have been asking me about modding my rotors and the specs on them. I basically milled the center hubs to be hub centric to the ford wheels, drilled the new pattern to 5x4.5 and I also had to mill the very top lip to fit where the "center cap" would be. Also, on the back side I milled the rough casting flat so that the new studs would press in and bottom out flat. I used 1/2-20 studs that were 2" long with some ebay spline drive lugs. On the fronts I was not able to use the supplied center cap so I found some nice domed dust caps and painted them flat black to match the wheels. On the rear I just used a 1"thick adptor to go from 5x5 to 5x4.5 (not reaaly fond of spacers but it worked out). It has all worked out well so far and was very economical. The wheels are the gt500 concave wheels from wheelreplicas.com, 20x8.5 and 20x10. Hope this helps anyone looking into doing this. Sorry I'm not better at posting details. Also, a few folks have asked about my rear disc setup. It is Impala SS calipers and rotors with a bracket I made. I am not running an ebrake. I gutted my factory prop valve and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for all the compliments!

8-10, yea that's on the low side. It would be cool to get a 4l80e out of a crashed truck for it.

Quote Originally Posted by gak68 View Post
      8-10, yea that's on the low side. It would be cool to get a 4l80e out of a crashed truck for it.
      I've read were some of the guys with these are running gear vendors and getting decent mileage. A little out of my price range though.

Thanks Guy for all the help. I'm hoping to have some good wheel updates of my own soon!
      97 c1500 Sierra, getting prepped for LS3 TR6060 swap!

Love your truck man, looks like it could be kin to mine. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 454SSguy View Post
      Love your truck man, looks like it could be kin to mine. lol
      I followed your build on the 454 forum. How's things been going with the new kiddo? Any updates on your truck? Thanks for the compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin97C1500 View Post
      Thanks Guy for all the help. I'm hoping to have some good wheel updates of my own soon!
      No problem Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyt699 View Post
      I followed your build on the 454 forum. How's things been going with the new kiddo? Any updates on your truck? Thanks for the compliment!

The newest addition is doing well. Crawling now, getting into everything. The truck is coming along well, taking it to the strip tomorrow. Hoping for 12s.

This is my favorite co-pilot yesterday. Had to put some axle seals in and go for a "test" drive. We have had this truck for a long time but when she started wanting to go for rides in the "black" truck it kind of revived my interest in it.

Well that settles it...........I'll be doing this for my next project. MAN that looks hot with those wheels. Well done.
      Project thread - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ouring-Project
      IG - @tc_chevelle

Guy I completely understand. I've got a 7yr old that always wants to go for a ride in "betty". Makes everything even better.

Haha! I love it my 3 year old girl loves riding in "Daddy's truck" also.
      97 c1500 Sierra, getting prepped for LS3 TR6060 swap!

I just wanted to thank you for all the help on the wheel setup man. I finally got around to getting it done and Im excited to get the truck back together so I can see how its going to look.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Looks awesome! Glad it worked out for you. Mine is apart too. Bought the fuel injection from Rob at PCHRODS from his 69 and also have a Procharger and a T56 I'm installing. Slow progress. Glad I could help you.

Any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Coursey View Post
      Any updates?
      Very slow progress. Had the engine out for a cam swap and other changes and was also getting the T56 mated. Picked up my clutch and flywheel last week so hopefully will be dropping the engine/trans back in next week after I move the crossmember and cut the hole in the floor. Searched for a long time to find a column from a manual truck and the pedals. These are not easy to find. Thanks for the interest. Forgot I even had this on here! Only recent picture I have. Will try to update more often as I start making more progress.

I have tried those in the past. And I can tell you that Snail Mufflers will shorten the tire life - a LOT

Quote Originally Posted by RobNoLimit View Post
      I have tried those in the past. And I can tell you that Snail Mufflers will shorten the tire life - a LOT
      Haha Rob! Smoking tires=smiling faces!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com