Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Course layouts for RTMC II

I walked the track today and came up with what I feel will be an exciting layout for a short course. This will be just under 1 mile but has some cool features you will not find on your normal road course, with the primary one being 18 degree high banked turns. It looks tight on the picture but is much wider than it looks so will be plenty of room to hang it out.

As we mentioned in the past this will be the first event of this kind in which we will be able to run under the lights Saturday evening so dont miss out on this.

Name:  Track Layout.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  81.2 KB

The Autocross will be held in the back lot just off the main track and accessible through a tunnel so participants can go between the road course and auto-x without stopping any action. This is just a basic layout and will not be the actual course but gives you an idea on how it will be ran. The lot is quite large so should be a 50 second + course and allow for multiple cars for maximum runs.

Name:  Autocross Layout.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  49.2 KB

For the Speed Stop we will have brand new challenge which I am looking forward to running myself. We will take a page from the Nascar All-star qualifying and minus the changing of the tires. For this event we will be using the entire oval and the competitors will exit the pits taking a warm up lap, then cross the timing lights for a full green flag lap, then once on the front straight enter and come to a complete stop in a 100' to 150' stop box before drag racing back out of the box for another green flag lap tripping the timers again on the front straight. This will be run Saturday afternoon/evening and possibly again on Sunday if the group has had enough on the road course.

If the lines are too confusing I can try to clean it up.

Attachment 77362

We may also do a fastest lap challenge for those who want to run the full oval with no chicanes or turns to slow the speeds down.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Brian Finch
      Pro-touring Hero

The Proof is on the Pavement

Sponsored by Baer Brakes, JRI Shocks, Pennzoil, Tremec, Magnaflow, Centerforce, AFCO Racing, Kurt Urban Performance, Amercian Powertrain, Forgeline, Holley, and of course BFG.

For the best engine money can buy please visit http://www.kurturbanperformance.com/

Authorized dealer for Baer, Ridetech, Detroit Speed, Vintage Air, Motorstate Distributing, Wilwood Engineering, American Autowire, Forgeline, Holley, Afco,

Contact brian@finchperformance for special Pro-Touring.com member pricing

www.hotrodtransformations.com

Country Flag: United States
      OMG, this looks like it will be a blast!!!!

Gregg

DAMN. I just took off a week for power tour & seeing this makes me want to take another week... I think I need more seat time before I turn myself loose on that speed stop. This looks absolutely bad ass. Scott

Wow. That looks fun.

Awful lot of concrete too. Stay safe out there drivers.
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

Yeah, I ran off the track at the Southern Slam and was greeted by a grass field. Those concrete walls are bad, very bad.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com