Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: Australia
      Hi, I'm from Adelaide Australia and also have a 68 bird convertible. In Adelaide I have to convert mine to right hand drive if I want to modify it at all. Even to use chrome rocker covers. Any way, I am investigation doing a rack and pinion setup. Could the rack and pinion set up in your be installed upside down so the steering input is on the right hand side. The next question is will the steering column input then interfere with the oil filter or the exhaust manifolds.
      Thanks
      Tim

Country Flag: United States
      Tim, sadly you would not be able to install that particular unit upside down. without heavy modification at least. also moving the steering wheel might not be in the way of the oil filter but you certainly will not be able to use any long tube headers.
      Alex

Sorry for the lack of pic updates

We are trying to get the car started and cannot figure out how to wire the powerjection 3(spark control) ecu with the 6a spark box and mallory unilite distributor. in our fumbling we fried the ecu whilst checking for spark. So i just bought another ecu with 1 day shipping. another $340 down the drain. it will get here tomorrow. hopefully i have a video of it running for you guys by the end of tomorrow. Oh and i ended up rerouting that header tube correctly so the steering fits correctly.

Does anyone have experience with powerjection3?

Ecu came today and i put everything back together. im looking to try starting it again but again i really dont think i understand which wires to use, i really really dont want to fry the ecu again. Anyone that can help?

Quote Originally Posted by adibs View Post
      Ecu came today and i put everything back together. im looking to try starting it again but again i really dont think i understand which wires to use, i really really dont want to fry the ecu again. Anyone that can help?
      Have you read the instructions?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Hahahah yes Andrew i have, the problem is that i have two sets of instructions that exactly contradict each other. both are from professional products for the same product i just dont know which one is newer, and neither of their methods work. i think i might call them.

Talked to professional products today and they were super helpful. My car runs! ill take videos tomorrow when i set idle and throttle linkage. anyone have experience with adjusting tv cable?

Running Videos!

Sorry for the delay but here is what we've got so far:

Decided to paint first....

Hello again everyone, I have been able to drive my car around the neighborhood while i am wrapping things up with the intererior. i am loving how the car feels up front!(could use a stiffer sway bar though, i am running stock). my one discontent with the car is that its too high in the back, anyone got a deal on the 3 inch drop hotchkis multileafs? anyway i am slowly getting started on some body work and hopefully going to lay down some primer tomorrow. pics coming soon:Name:  IMG_20140719_202224_534.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  115.8 KB

Bodywork sucks man, i would rather build another engine.

So my dad insists that before we finish the interior and make it ready for inspection, he wants to give it a half decent paint job. I just want to get it registered and insured before i go back to college. anyway here are some pictures of body progress(i will be redoing this stuff a couple years in the future except i will replace the fenders and such when i have time and money)
      Name:  IMG_20140720_154605_908.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  106.0 KBName:  IMG_20140722_173356_607.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  153.5 KBName:  IMG_20140722_173409_622.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  101.1 KB

Bodywork is basically done, first coats of primer on

Name:  IMG_20140819_154914_531.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  152.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_20140819_154934_076.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  131.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_20140819_154945_416.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  137.9 KB
      Not the best but just trying to get something presentable

don't tell me those are pop rivets and filler... they literaly sell that exact patch panel for like 30 bucks and its the exact contours and everything...

but, on a side note, looks good in black ;-)

hhahahah you saw correct i am ashamed but i was running out of time to paint because i have to go back to college so it is what it is. there was no real metal there when we ripped off the old bondo. when i am out of college and have money, i will be welding new rear fenders for both sides and doing the job right.
      this is going to be a backyard paint job, but a good backyard paint job lol

Country Flag: Mexico
      cool project man. Im glad to see you went with a Pontiac V8 in there and not just another SBC or LSX

Hopefully mine will be up and running soon

I am alive and so is my car

Hey guys for those that are interested i have made decent progress with interior and trim (decided to get a licence plate on the car before putting nice paint on the car in the interest of time). Anyway i am close to getting this car on the road.

I need to get a windshield still but not much after that. Lots of pictures coming this weekend. Stay tuned!!!

Picture dump

Here is what i have been working on: New ratchet shifter from B&M, new rear bumper, new carpet, 2002 trans am power leather seats almost there!!!
      Name:  DSC_0063.JPG
Views: 494
Size:  742.1 KBName:  DSC_0061.JPG
Views: 499
Size:  589.6 KBName:  DSC_0059.JPG
Views: 481
Size:  763.7 KBName:  DSC_0058.JPG
Views: 484
Size:  562.5 KBName:  DSC_0057.JPG
Views: 479
Size:  691.6 KBName:  DSC_0055.JPG
Views: 481
Size:  599.1 KB

This car still exists and so do I

Hey guys after a way too long Hiatus, I want to get back to this project.

I got married and moved out of my parents house and now want start wrenching on this thing again.
      The car runs and drives and has a licence plate now but i am running into an issue where, the heat keeps climbing up.
      Now the block is a 400 bored .040 over and it has a pulley driven water pump(new) regular thermostat, stock radiator with an old flex fan just mounted right on the pulley, no clutch.

So my question is: do you think that the problem is that the car just neds an updated cooling system or do i have a tuning issue?

Thanks,

Alex

Alex, just saw this build for the first time. Awesome! Similar to my build--started out as a father son project back in 1998 for body work and paint and getting the stock mechanicals going at first. And was my daily in high school.

First thing we did was put in a 428 with a moderate cam. It always ran hot with a stock 4 core radiator, in the FL heat, had to use the beefiest fan clutch and keep an eye on the temp.

10 years ago or so I bought a griffin aluminum radiator ($550 at the time) and have never had a hot engine problem again. Even went to a weaker fan clutch. To this day it's bullet proof. I now have KRE ported heads and a bigger roller cam etc. and I track the car, AutoX, optima USCA etc. and the car barely gets over 200 after 20 minute track sessions. Radiator was a great investment.
      -Mitch
      G8 GXP, White Hot, Auto, bone stock
      68 Firebird, 428 Pontiac, CNC'd KRE Al d-ports, hyd roller, EFI, TKO600, TCI Eng complete chassis, Ridetech, Kore3 C6Z brakes, C5Z 18" with 315 rivals x4, C6zr1 mufflers
      RRR, NASA HPDE https://youtu.be/DPp1l9-FuNE

Quote Originally Posted by gator68428 View Post
      Alex, just saw this build for the first time. Awesome! Similar to my build--started out as a father son project back in 1998 for body work and paint and getting the stock mechanicals going at first. And was my daily in high school.

First thing we did was put in a 428 with a moderate cam. It always ran hot with a stock 4 core radiator, in the FL heat, had to use the beefiest fan clutch and keep an eye on the temp.

10 years ago or so I bought a griffin aluminum radiator ($550 at the time) and have never had a hot engine problem again. Even went to a weaker fan clutch. To this day it's bullet proof. I now have KRE ported heads and a bigger roller cam etc. and I track the car, AutoX, optima USCA etc. and the car barely gets over 200 after 20 minute track sessions. Radiator was a great investment.
      Mitch, thanks for the peace of mind.

I hope investing in a new aluminum 3 core with dual electric fans does the trick, other wise I am gonna have to mess with the tune.
      on that note anyone here have in depth experience with powerjection 3 on unique applications?
      I have never gotten the tune exactly how I want it but it seems to be resetting to an older tune occasionally(at least if memory serves me right, I havent turned the engine over in months)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast