Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

1967 camaro 427 twin turbo project

Twin turbos being fabbed! I can't wait to see how it does with 20psi on it. We are hoping to put down over 900 at the wheels and be able to adjust the boost from 0 to 20 psi by speed and rpm to make sure it will be able to autocross and go to the Texas mile this fall!

Attached Images Attached Images      

Nice! Are those stainless works turbo headers?
      We put 1040 rwhp with 19psi on our 6.9L 81 TA.. How big are the turbos? You shouldn't have an issue hitting 900 on race gas at 18psi I'd say..
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Thanks, the headers were a stainless works kit, I had to do some rearranging to get them to clear the brakes. The turbos are 58mm. We are going for a quick spool up so we can program the boost controller to put down as much power as the tires can handle. I am really looking forward to the challenge of keeping the car drivable!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusold View Post
      Thanks, the headers were a stainless works kit, I had to do some rearranging to get them to clear the brakes. The turbos are 58mm. We are going for a quick spool up so we can program the boost controller to put down as much power as the tires can handle. I am really looking forward to the challenge of keeping the car drivable!

Curious, what ac setup is that on your camaro??

Zak

It's Vintage air with a front runner

Looks like a nice setup so far. How do you like the Stainless Works kit so far? I was looking into buying that manifold kit as well or doing a single turbo.

Are you doing a air to air ic or an air to water? Where are you running the dowpipes too?

Zak

Forgot, what did you have an issue with on the brakebooster and how did you fix the manifold?

I had to reorganize the tubes so they wouldn't hit the booster. The car is running now with an air to water intercooler. It put down 875 rwhp with Just 14psi. We had it out at ls fest this past weekend and got second in the drag race portion with a 10.98@135mph! We are planning on taking it to the Texas mile next month set on kill, we are hoping for 200!

Country Flag: Canada
      OMG, you are building what I've planned for my car in V 2.0.
      Todd
      '14 ZL1, 6 speed and 6.2L of Super Charged Awesome!
      '67 Camaro SS in process. A long, slow, expensive trip...

How hard can it be...

Project Obsession
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Obsession

Here is how it looks now.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Nice

it was nice chatting with you guys at ls fest. Seems like a set of plugs really helped out. Where did you guys end up finding a wire at? Another option to try are BR7ef's they are a bit colder and a non-projected tip, a bit better with dentonation.

Did you have anymore info on the turbo your using? I cant remember the company right off hand.
      Justin N.

1966 Chevelle
      1992 GMC Typhoon
      1989 Jeep Wrangler CJ 6.0 Twin Turbo
      1981 Jeep CJ7

I got to see this car perform at the Holley LS Fest in the autocross and I witnessed the 10.98 1/4 mile blast (I may even have a recording of it). Very nice ride and well thought build with the times to back it up! I also like the patina on the body!

We are running AGP 56mm turbos right now. They spool extremely fast!
      Kyle Tucker was nice enough to loan us a plug wire for the weekend after we broke one Friday night changing plugs. Thanks Kyle! We would have been in trouble without it!

Cool car. I loved the stance and the wheels at the Holley LS Fest!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Mike is building my 68 camaro right now and when I go to the shop I usually get caught up in fascination over this thing and forget why the hell I even went over there. Can't wait to race against it.

very nice

Figured I would post an update on the project. We went to the Texas mile last weekend, but unfortunately BFG Rivals don't pass tech for over 200! We were able to get our licensing over with by running 182mph letting off after the 3/4 mile marker. That was with a 16 mph headwind too! We are going back in the spring with some tires rated for the speed and should be running in the 205mph range weather permitting. Just for comparison I looked up what a Bugatti Veyron does in the standing mile and it is 204mph! The old Camaro can hold its own for sure! Now it's off to the Goodguys autocross finals in Scottsdale in a couple of weeks. This car is just too much fun!!

Here's a shot of that nasty beast at our last autocross event at the "wonderful" Mineral Wells pad. Hope you decide to leave the Texas Mile wing on the back Mike. Looks badass

Name:  20131102_154351_8-1.jpg
Views: 2183
Size:  162.9 KB

Country Flag: Canada
      Very cool. I love this car.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com