Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ZR-1 Clutch

Country Flag: United States
      I like that bell housing! Much more attractive than the burly (and heavy) QuickTime bell. Plus the QT bell hangs 2" below the pan in dry sump cars -- giving back one advantage of using dry sump.

Next time for sure. Good information, thanks!
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Is the pump in the bellhousing already? That is cool, nice find and thanks for posting.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Yes I believe so, but its on its way so I don't have it yet. For magnum owners they might want to take a look at the parts diagram as you might need to spend just under $40 for some springs, pipe, plugs, ball etc to complete the pump system. I probably over ordered as some of it probably comes with the bellhousing, so it might be less? I will have to weed through my $40 bundle of extras to workout what is needed.

For diy magnum and twin plate clutch set-up's unless you pay big dollars for a system from a vendor there is almost no real accurate info on custom fitouts. . The only deep LS bellhousings for typical set-ups are this one for the CTSV/Z28/ZL1, or the RM6038 from quicktime if you need a SFI Certified housing.

For a clutch system with decent 850ftlb capability and OEM drivability I find you cant go past the oem C6 ZR1 Sachs unit combined with the Fidanza flywheel and the OEM ZR1 slave. Its a total spend of $1200 then add the CTSV/Z28/ZL1 bell for $300 delivered. That's all pretty good value in my book. So for under $4500 for a complete new system with the great magnum box your off and tearing up the track.

The Tilton 60-6101 is not the proper application for a T-56 as it requires an adaptor plate to mount to. The 60-6105 would be the proper kit for a T-56 and comes with the adaptor plate for the front of the transmission. http://tiltonracing.com/product/6000...ease-bearings/

Ken Scarbrough
      Customer Support
      office: 805.688.2353 x151 | fax: 805.688.2745
      Tilton Engineering, Inc. | 25 Easy Street / P.O. Box 1787 | Buellton, CA 93427 U.S.A

Quote Originally Posted by Tilton Ken View Post
      The Tilton 60-6101 is not the proper application for a T-56 as it requires an adaptor plate to mount to. The 60-6105 would be the proper kit for a T-56 and comes with the adaptor plate for the front of the transmission. http://tiltonracing.com/product/6000...ease-bearings/

Ken Scarbrough
      Customer Support
      office: 805.688.2353 x151 | fax: 805.688.2745
      Tilton Engineering, Inc. | 25 Easy Street / P.O. Box 1787 | Buellton, CA 93427 U.S.A
      Ken,

Good to have you here. It's always nice to get "the tech" from the manufacturers!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Country Flag: Canada
      so being dumb and trying to not confuse myself with way to many part numbers and such . I have a 2007 Z06 427 with a T56 magnum and a quicktime bell housing . I also bought a ZR1 clutch . the one part i havent gotten yet was a flywheel ....someone please help me because now i am super lost lmao. what should i do ?
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
      what should i do ?
      Katech makes an aluminum flywheel that works. Lingenfelter makes a steel one. Your choice, give one of them a call. I went Lingenfelter.
      Last edited by parsonsj; 07-16-2015 at 06:26 PM.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by lxss350 View Post
      ACDelco 19206204
      GM Original Equipment Manual Transmission Clutch Housing CTSV

Just a follow-up for those who are interested the LSX/A conversion flywheels. They are now in stock at Fidanza.

The part number to order and weight information for the new aluminum flywheel is as follows:

Fidanza part number - 198891 - LSX/A conversion to ZR1 twin disc

PRODUCT weight is 11.70 lbs

They are doing a 6 bolt + 9 bolt version as well as even a version using this oem c6 zr1 clutch for the new LT engine conversions. I don't know the part numbers as I have an 8 bolt LSX engine. The weight would be the same.

Product photos:

Attachment 109876
      does this mean they make a flywheel that would allow a zr1 clutch to work with a 8bolt lsx 454?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Good info. That bellhousing is a bargain. Anyone with a T56 Magnum should be doing this swap because extra room in the bellhousing is always desirable.

Andrew
      Only 1 problem I see is when using the t56 magnum with ctsv/zl1 bellhousing is the trans mount is out of level quite a few degrees, I have just test fit this same setup and have this problem now, don't see how I can clock the trans or ctsv bell counter clockwise to get my trans mount level. I have been told the t56 magnum top shifter plate is suppose to be clocked a few degrees towards driver, im my case the shifter plate is level and trans mount is clocked.

Any suggestions on how to fix this short of changing everything out to a quicktime bell that is clockable
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: Canada
      They all have a lean to the passenger side as far as I know
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      They all have a lean to the passenger side as far as I know
      I was told by tremec the top shifter plate leans to the drivers side and trans mount should be level?

Is the engine level?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by BEECHFRONT View Post
      I was told by tremec the top shifter plate leans to the drivers side and trans mount should be level?
      My Magnum leans towards the driver side as well.
      Dude are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Is the engine level?

Andrew
      Yes

98-02 F body bell housing has that angle built into it, apparently the CTSV bell does not.

Name:  s-l300.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  11.2 KB

BEECH, you can run that but you will have to modify your crossmember - or - machine a wedge to go between the mount and the tail shaft. I had a similar situation with a T5 with a 3rd gen bell and a S10 tailshaft housing, built the angle onto the crossmember and drove it 30000 miles without issue.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Thanks dontlift.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com