Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Southern Slam 2013

It has been a month already since we had the Southern Slam. However, before it gets to far gone, I must say a few words about this event. The format was a little different than most events, mainly because Detroit Speed wanted to be sure we concentrated on giving people as much track time as possible on Saturday. What a great call on their part and WOW did everyone ever get plenty of track time. We ran the full course at CMP, not the abbreviated one you see on R U Faster than a Redneck. For those wondering, NO, I did not get off in the sand even once all weekend, the Charger was dialed in and made some pretty good laps once we had the event on autopilot. The weather was great after Friday evening and for once, it wasn't too hot in Kershaw. Sunday was autocross day, which was basically the shortened course with some cones in place to make it more challenging. Everyone got several runs on the autocross and we were still ready for the award ceremony by noon on Sunday.
      Kershaw is quickly becoming a favorite for ASCS and with host like Kyle and Stacy, we will be happy to do it all over again in 2014. Both Kyle and Stacy are so professional in all they do and the nicely framed picture I received of the Charger on track with the event logo will be a reminder of the event, their friendship and another great time for years to come.
      Thanks Kyle and Stacy for letting ASCS be involved with Southern Slam and we look forward already to 2014.

Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

What a great event it was.I had a blast all weekend and to top it off receive a great pic of my car from Kyle and Stacy .Many thanks go out to them for all they do and did for the event.And to you Bill and your gang ASCS for all your hard work making all these events come together.

Thanks
      Scott C

I had some goals I wanted to accomplish this year heading to Kershaw. First and foremost was to get a capable set of tires on my car. Last year I had 5yr old tires and CMP was challenging to say the least. This year I showed up with a fresh set of Michelin Pilot SS and grip was much better and I was happy with where I placed. Secondly, I wanted to practice braking later on the road course. I still have a lot to learn but I was doing better in the braking zones and even started throwing in some heel-toe downshifts! Third on my list was to do some ride-alongs with some of the cars that I admire. Ron S was nice enough to take me for a ride in his LS7 powered Mustang and I thoroughly enjoyed the rush and sounds of an LS7 car on the rev limiter going down the backstretch! ...So that was my experience. Three goals, all accomplished, and great weather to do it. The icing on the cake was receiving a framed pictured of my car in the mail after the event from the DSE crew!
      Justin Snow

As someone that wasn't even racing, just spectating, that was a great event. The location was ideal, the track was amazing looking, the sounds of the cars cooking on the back stretches was awesome, and the camaraderie of the others in attendance made it a great time. Also, the on-site camping was fantastic, and provided a great opportunity to get to know more of the PT crowd. Hats off to DSE, Stacy and Kyle, and also to the ASCS crew for making one heck of a fun weekend!

My son and I were there on Saturday as spectators and LOVED it!! May get to bring my Buick Grand National in 2014!!
      Conrad

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com