Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
      Country Flag: Canada
      Thanks for the kind words guys. I am really enjoying the space along with the slower paced "country" life.

While the car has been at the body shop. I have been redesigning the ITB adapter system. The kit I bought stacked plates on top of each other to adapt the bolt pattern of the ITB intake manifold. This just added more opportunities for failure points and I could never get the system to seal properly. So I ordered a used lower manifold and got to cutting.

The difference between the ITB spacing and runner spacing is 2-3 mm but there should be enough meat to port them and have a smooth transition. Using actual CAD I designed up some .5" thick flanges to have Machined. started with .75" scrap we had kicking around and profiled out the shape.

I transferred over the studs from the oem GTR manifold for a test fit. There is a slight interference caused by the distance between the top and bottom studs being off by .75mm.

Not a huge deal as the split pins which locate the throttle bodies are on the bottom holes and they fit perfect. Ill just oversize the top holes and it will fit perfectly.

You can see the difference in the ITB spacing vs the OEM RB20DET runner spacing here. The plan is to fill it with weld on the inside and weld on the outside as well. I can then smooth out the transition.

Mocked it all up for welding. Ill have one of my co workers knock that out sometime this week

Country Flag: United States
      I didn't realize that the Skyline motors had ITB. Cool mod.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

The RB26DETT (GTR) engine came factory with ITBs. I am adapting those to the RB20DET engine in my GTS-T

congrats jordie and yeah toronto is crazy , so is kitchener waterloo AVG detached home hers is over 1 mill... semis 750 k condos 525 k. glad to see youre making progress on the car

Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Glad you posted this in here. The R32 gtr has been a dream car of mine for such a long time and plays a major role for my current build. Your build is awesome. Can't wait for more updates.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com