Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States

This is on my 73 Camaro.

Behind 18" Rocket hyper silver Booster wheels

Country Flag: Canada
      I just installed these on my rolling chassis for my 70 LeMans. Very pleased with the fit and quality so far. They arrived fully assembled and ready to go. I took them down just to compare etc and check fit. Here are some pics.

behind 17x8 Billet specialties split spoke...using 1/4" spacer for clearance...Just realized i put the wrong side rotor on for the pics, haha.

Updated review of the CPP C5 spindle/brake kit:

Although I upgraded to a Wilwood 6 piston setup on my Chevelle, the CPP C5 continued to perform and impress the entire time I had them (about 9 months). They never skipped a step and stopped on a dime, even during more than spirited driving.

One and only gripe or suggestion to newer buyers and those that have yet to install - try using some sort of clear coat or rust inhibitor on the spindles. They come a nice gray out of the package. However, after some time under the car, they turned a rust color. Can't confirm if it is actual rust, but it appears the same. Affected performance in no way. It just wasn't attractive. Not sure if it was caused by them getting wet when I washed my car (as disc brake rotors often do) or just a reaction to the elements overall.

Again, if you don't have other pretty components under then, this may be of little or no concern to some. But I upgraded everything under mine (SPC UCA/LCA, QA1 Coilovers, Hotchkis sway bars, and Billet Specialties wheels) so, naturally, I want something that at least appears as quality to go compliment those parts.

So Car_guy - while you have them off, figure out something to cost them with or paint/powdercoat them to prevent them from turning ugly. I see that you have some nice, clean parts and aftermarket wheels.

Hope this helps.

JW

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Sutton View Post
      Can you guys post some photos of them installed?

Just for you, Ron

CPP Kit with old wheels, new wheels, and new Wilwood 6 piston setup. Pics are kind of out of order.
      Attached Images Attached Images        

Hi all, Check out Camaro Performers online and look through their tech section. I don't recall the month, anyhow look for the red CPP caliper that's my ride attached to it. Was a great experience and I have to say they work very good. I agree about upgrading the pads, other than that they work great. We put the Pro Touring 4 kit on.

Country Flag: Austria
      i just installed a set but it was more of a p.i.t.a. at first my setup is a steeroids rack and iīm running z51 C6 brakes and forgeline 17"wheels. i havenīt had the ridtetech upper arms in the beginning due to budget, just a set of those cheap arms with proforged tall ball joints, and there was no way to turn the wheels without hitting the wheel on the upper arm. so i had to either change the ball joints but still have to cut the arms to make more space but i went with the ridetechs. now it fitīs way better but still have to grind some material off the metal from the upper arms to get all steering i have. the rack even has less turning radius than the stock box and i donīt want to loose any more of it so iīd rather grind. the steering arms is another issue cause i used my stock arms and they almost hit the wheel on the bottom so i got a set of the arms ridetech use on their tru-turn kit cause they are not bent downwards just straight back and use the spacers to adjust the bumpsteer but there was no way to mount the calipers cause they would have hit. so for me itīs got nothing to do with a clean and easy setup but it surely would be different with the whole kit and not just the arms and different parts.

Name:  IMG-20130917-WA0013.jpg
Views: 2789
Size:  143.0 KBName:  IMG-20130917-WA0007.jpg
Views: 2659
Size:  136.5 KB
      69 camaro, 418cui p1sc1, ridetech,forgeline, and some more money wasted

Quote Originally Posted by camaro427-69 View Post
      i just installed a set but it was more of a p.i.t.a.
      Any update on these spindles guys? I have a pair of brand new oem c7 hubs, c6 calipers, pads and rotors ready for my vette brake upgrade.

I cant decide if i want to trust an affordable china cast or drop a mint on the speedtech units from sc&c
      1966 Pontiac Le Mans - owned 19 years
      UMI rear suspension - front is pending...
      455/TKO600/12bolt

For the life of me I can't find one example of a CPP spindle failure. There sure is a lot of people talking about how weak they are and everything by there being no examples. I don't like opinions I like reading about facts and real experiences
      1966 Pontiac Le Mans - owned 19 years
      UMI rear suspension - front is pending...
      455/TKO600/12bolt

Here is the problem, there are too many online that combine everything they read into a stew of baseless facts, the problem is the cheap offshore hubs in the kit, they fail, not the spindle, the knock off calipers have had issues as well, so get the spindles and then buy good SKF or C7 hubs and real PBR calipers.
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

Country Flag: Finland
      I have The c5 kit on My 1967 Camaro and they work really good. No problems on The installing etc. Have been driven about 3000mails with them so far. Only The bearings feel quite stiff to rotate but i let you know how Kong they last.

Does the CPP kit reposition the caliper back towards the hat? I know the the "normal" C5 setups (like Kore3) limits the usage with some of the cheaper wheels like TT2 and such because of caliper/wheel interference. I think if you upgraded the hub most drivers (cruisers mainly) would be good with this choice.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Country Flag: Finland
      Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      Does the CPP kit reposition the caliper back towards the hat? I know the the "normal" C5 setups (like Kore3) limits the usage with some of the cheaper wheels like TT2 and such because of caliper/wheel interference. I think if you upgraded the hub most drivers (cruisers mainly) would be good with this choice.
      I have The whole kit with The new style pressed bearings like Corvette has. Really nice setup and easy to Bolt on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com