Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Vintage Air Gen 4 67 camaro

Anyone have under dash pic of how they connected to a VA bulkhead connector? the 4 vertical one preferably..
      I was interested in how the lines connect i am guess you have to dump the lines the kit comes with.. Also anyone have a DIY braket idea? I want to fab one up and was looking for any pics that i could find...

thanks in advance for any help
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

Country Flag: United States
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 4806
Size:  172.2 KBThis was my attempt in installing the VA in my 69. I used the inline bulkhead and the DSE bolt on plate on firewall. I used the DSE mount for unit. It was a pain to install the lines but so far so good. I just got the engine running and pressurized the water lines. I plan to charge the ac in the next week or so. Plumbing behind the unit is very tight, but doable.

looks great,, i hole that o ring on the floor there is an extra :-)

the Alm lines to the bulk head connector do they come with it or did you have to get those made?

67 Camaro In progress

The 2 alum lines you see are the 90 deg hose fittings that came with the kit. I used 2 straight hose fittings on the unit and a short section of heater hose (about 6 inches or so). I used the top and 3rd down fitting in the bulkhead, as they aligned well with the fittings for the hot water in the unit. The LP freon line was easy to run to the second down fitting, but the HP freon line attaches on the verticle at the unit, and did not want to hide well on the unit. Without making large loops with the hose, this was the best that I could come up with. We will see how well everything works out in the next few weeks when I get it charged. Good luck with the install.

Have you thought about not using the bulkhead? I plan on drilling 4 holes and using rubber grommets where the original heater fan was located and hiding the hoses between the fender and inner fender. Just an idea. Do a search and you get an idea of what I'm talking about.
      Dave

1972 Nova
      1967 RS/SS Camaro - current project

That is what I did on my Chevelle (just drill holes and pass-through the hoses). It seems like it should be good from a long-term standpoint since there is one less joint to fail (and let refrigerant escape)

Called VIntage Air tech support today. I think through the fiewall one continuous line is going to be the way to go. Using their quick clip hoses it should be an easy routing. if anyone has done this on a gen 1 camaro and has the fittings or hose lengths required (LS conversion with front runner) it would be appreciated. Apperaintly VA has been burnt by providing guidance and wont provide a kit.

67 Camaro In progress

ANyone know if thier might be a reason to relocate the Evap? DSE bracket say's it relocates the unit... since I am not using the VA way of going through the firewal is it better to mount the unit further one way or the other? My unit has heat as well and i think the ducts should be over the trans tunnel.

67 Camaro In progress

Great post trying to get an idea how to run my vintage air hoses through firewall since I have screaming performance speaker kick panels.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com