Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by gator68428 View Post
      Nice build. Any recent updates? Have you done anymore CTCs or other events?

Now that you flipped the motormounts around, how much room between the floor and collector flange do you have?

That's also an issue with Hooker Super comp headers for vintage Pontiac engine. There's more than an inch between collector and floor. One of the headers I cut it down all the primary tubs and welded together an inch higher, tucking up the collector closer to the floor, gaining a valuable inch of ground clearance.
      Hi Mitch,

No real update on the car. I competed as first timer in optima event 2015, then cruisin the coast/power tours. Although I have plans for the car in the fall/winter (sort of part 3 of the car). Plans include 6.0/t56 swap, beefing up the chassis/front coil-overs; re-organize/redo the interior/additional heat shielding.

I pulled the dynatech headers off the car. I added the AFX spindles which lowered the car more, and the headers were just simply too low. I put Holley's midlength headers on the car now, and the exhaust is tucked up above the subframe. I've heard/seen pictures of updated Dynatech headers and they did improve the ground clearance.

When I had the Pontiac 400, I used reproduction Ramair manifolds on the car, and did not have any exhaust clearance issue.
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

I am doing the same ... but having some problems... any help would be appreciated.... Roket

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Roket View Post
      I am doing the same ... but having some problems... any help would be appreciated.... Roket
      What kind of issues are you having?
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com