Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: new to site

Country Flag: United States

new to site

Hello all. I am new to the site. However I am not new to working on cars. Use to do collision work a few years ago now I do it as a side project. My car that I am working on for myself is a 1970 Buick Skylark. My plan for the car is as follows
      Drivetrain- Keep the 455 in it but rebuild it with a pair of Stage 2 heads and headers, install an auto overdrive trans, and keep the Olds 10 bolt rear
      Brakes- 4 wheel LS1 disc brakes
      Suspension- fronts will probably be UMI upper and lower control arms. Rears will be HR Parts & Stuff upper and lower arms with one of there rear sway bars.
      Rims I plan on using will be 17x8 in front with 18x10 in rear
      If you have any suggestions let me know
      .Name:  IMG_50391.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  235.2 KB

Love the color. That looks like a great game plan. What would it look like if you got back in photoshop and dropped it a couple inches?

Welcome to the forum.
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

I just saw a convertible GS of the same vintage and color the other day--it was a beautiful car! I've always loved the Buick GS of this type/year; it's subtle, but beastly. When I was 19, I got to drive a 4-speed model for a few minutes (kind of light navy blue/Magnum 500s), as a benefit of working at a body shop; I'm 37, and the thing stayed with me.

My vote for wheel sizes is always for the same size at each corner; if you really drive the car, and it's not a Porsche or a Ferrari (rear-engine/rear-drive), it's nice to be able to rotate the donuts (and avoid weird handling issues). Leave rake setting to the organization of your suspension parts.

On a less cool note, I used to have a Nissan 350Z of a similar color; it had the least manly name possible: LeMans Sunset. Make of this what you will...

welcome, and cool a-body concept

Welcome! Always great to see another Buick project on the board.

Dean P.
      '72 Buick Sun Coupe GSX
      My build thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ck)&highlight=

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com