Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register



    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 22
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Denton Texas
      Posts
      1,202
      Country Flag: United States

      I know I will get flamed on this...Mustangs always seem to lose

      So, I watch every week, and is it me or does it seem like the older mustangs always get beat?? Im not sure if its the drivers or the cars... Im not a Ford guy or a Chevy guy or a Dodge Guy I own all 3 brands(Viper, Gt500 Z06), Im an American car guy.. But why cant I see at least one win with the older Mustangs(in round 2), Seems like the import guys always kick there butts, can we get the new Detroit speed Mustang out there or the Maier Racing boys out there to show them import fella's we drive AmeriCAN cars



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      Deployed
      Posts
      3,274
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      So, I watch every week, and is it me or does it seem like the older mustangs always get beat?? Im not sure if its the drivers or the cars... Im not a Ford guy or a Chevy guy or a Dodge Guy I own all 3 brands(Viper, Gt500 Z06), Im an American car guy.. But why cant I see at least one win with the older Mustangs(in round 2), Seems like the import guys always kick there butts, can we get the new Detroit speed Mustang out there or the Maier Racing boys out there to show them import fella's we drive AmeriCAN cars
      The show is rigged for entertainment. Some of those imports are fast and good around the corners, but blow-outs make for boring TV. I watched the last episode too, you could so tell the DSE Camaro was monsterous compared to the S2000, yet they stayed close through out.

      Also of note, the mustangs don't have the power level as the other cars and still sporting old school engine. An all aluminum LS7 will whoop all day long on an iron SBF.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build


      Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Sevierville, TN
      Posts
      524
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Also of note, the mustangs don't have the power level as the other cars and still sporting old school engine. An all aluminum LS7 will whoop all day long on an iron SBF.
      That's why Jon Kaase designed these. http://www.jonkaaseracingengines.com...-38-heads.html
      Matt Kenner

      68 C10 stepside

      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      North Platte,NE
      Posts
      876
      Country Flag: United States
      I think the Gateway guys either over drive or take one for the team every week.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Denton Texas
      Posts
      1,202
      Country Flag: United States
      Im with you

      Quote Originally Posted by 72BBSwinger View Post
      I think the Gateway guys either over drive or take one for the team every week.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      British Columbia
      Posts
      614
      Country Flag: Canada
      Maybe I'm naive but I truely believe that the guys are not fixing the races for entertainment. Maybe some of you you will chuckle at me but when they've stated that they are running the cars flat out I believe them. I understand that the Mustangs have some stuff done to them but honestly I've never been impressed with the 4.6L and on the very short track I just thing some of the imports are able to get'em before the finish line. On a longer track maybe the Ponies would get the advantage but it takes a Bowie to put them to rest.
      Todd
      '14 ZL1, 6 speed and 6.2L of Super Charged Awesome!
      '67 Camaro SS in process. A long, slow, expensive trip...


      How hard can it be...

      Project Obsession
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Obsession

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,061
      Country Flag: United States
      I think its some for entertainment and some real racing, I will say that last week I went to Adams Motorsports park to run practice laps and they were having a Honda Shoot out night and I was the fastest one there in my 68 camaro on street tires, except one crazy Civic on gumballs and our times were within tenths of each others

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      Iowa
      Posts
      399
      Country Flag: United States
      I would say for the most part its real racing, but ive noticed a few spots where it was set up for entertainment. What comes to mind is the episode with the mini,when the lady wins the first time right before for the finish you can see the other car put on the brakes to let her win. Either it was a horrible camera angle or they wanted a lady to get on the show, either way it was fun to see the trucks race later in the show, and I would of thought the raptor would of done better then it did.
      Miles Boyer
      The car hobby is dangerous,if the speed doesn't kill you, the cost of parts will.
      91 V8 S10
      88 Cutlass Pro-Tour
      97 Chevy lifted Z-71
      96 Corvette

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,356
      Country Flag: United States
      I haven't paid close enough attention to tell, but it seems like different guys drive different cars all the time. I don't have a ton of driving experience, but from other sports I know that if you change your gear up, it can impact performance.
      Stephen

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Manteca, CA
      Posts
      383
      Well you can point the finger at the car.... Or at the drivers..... Just because a shop can build a nice car doesn't mean they have any driving skills.....

      Bad ass car with weak driver is almost always going to lose to a mediocre car with a bad ass driver.... People discount how important the driver is.....

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,356
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by DRJDVM's '69 View Post
      Well you can point the finger at the car.... Or at the drivers..... Just because a shop can build a nice car doesn't mean they have any driving skills.....

      Bad ass car with weak driver is almost always going to lose to a mediocre car with a bad ass driver.... People discount how important the driver is.....
      I can think of many people on this board that have beaten up on some top notch builds with cars that had less technology and fancy parts because they could drive. Eddie Van Halen would still be able to wale on a thrift store guitar, but I can buy his equipment and not sound like him.
      Stephen

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      British Columbia
      Posts
      614
      Country Flag: Canada
      Before I can say crap about how any others drive on the show or any events I attend its probably best I work on my own driving first. I have no idea how well others on this forum drive but I'm sure all of said drivers are perfect at what they do and have piles of trophies and acilades for their driving skills.

      What I can say for sure is, Thanks to all those who do drive on the show for giving me some great entertainment on Monday evenings. I look forward to meeting and racing some of you in the future as I continue to improve my own driving skills. And, thanks for letting me see some awesome cars on TV!
      Todd
      '14 ZL1, 6 speed and 6.2L of Super Charged Awesome!
      '67 Camaro SS in process. A long, slow, expensive trip...


      How hard can it be...

      Project Obsession
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Obsession

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Denton Texas
      Posts
      1,202
      Country Flag: United States
      Shoot, these guys are all great drivers, I think this is Obvious (I will stick to holding there umbrella's on the grid)....I just want a mustang to win one no matter who is driving..

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Sevierville, TN
      Posts
      524
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
      Before I can say crap about how any others drive on the show or any events I attend its probably best I work on my own driving first. I have no idea how well others on this forum drive but I'm sure all of said drivers are perfect at what they do and have piles of trophies and acilades for their driving skills.

      What I can say for sure is, Thanks to all those who do drive on the show for giving me some great entertainment on Monday evenings. I look forward to meeting and racing some of you in the future as I continue to improve my own driving skills. And, thanks for letting me see some awesome cars on TV!
      Well said! I agree.
      Matt Kenner

      68 C10 stepside

      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      MAYODAN,NC
      Posts
      64
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm a GM guy and like to see them (GM CARS) win, but I would love too see a Mustang or Dodge win the big race at the end sometime.

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Feb 2002
      Location
      Springfield, MO
      Posts
      4,731
      Country Flag: United States
      I was disappointed to never see the challenger run. I was looking forward to that.
      Jimmy

      69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

      http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69


    17. #17
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Nashville TN
      Posts
      771
      One thing I can tell you is that the round 2 qualifier races were never thrown to allow the Import to win. They were all out and the outcome is what the outcome is. Win or lose in the second round one of the Imports is going to the final race.
      Brian Finch
      Pro-touring Hero

      The Proof is on the Pavement

      Sponsored by Baer Brakes, JRI Shocks, Pennzoil, Tremec, Magnaflow, Centerforce, AFCO Racing, Kurt Urban Performance, Amercian Powertrain, Forgeline, Holley, and of course BFG.

      For the best engine money can buy please visit http://www.kurturbanperformance.com/


      Authorized dealer for Baer, Ridetech, Detroit Speed, Vintage Air, Motorstate Distributing, Wilwood Engineering, American Autowire, Forgeline, Holley, Afco,

      Contact brian@finchperformance for special Pro-Touring.com member pricing

      www.hotrodtransformations.com

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      7,513
      Yea finch, I saw a few moments where you were dusting those guys.... then... magically.. you lose.

      round one stuff i guess..

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Posts
      27
      Country Flag: United States
      i think a new 5.0 stang would do well in this. lets see em in a second season!!

      Also I cant imagine the side by side races are rigged. these guys are car guys that love to use and push their cars to really see what they can do. im sure they are just as curious to see how one car will pitch against another car as the viewers are. even if the racers themselves were getting crazy gobbs of of money to race i dont think they would take a dive or mess with their own pride and race reputation. again these guys have to be real car enthusiasts, the racers enjoy the results as much as everyone else, probably more.
      btw. i love the show! kudos to the drivers! never really thought i would get to say this, but wassup finch! 2nd gens rule!

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Posts
      5
      Country Flag: United States
      I really REALLY wanted to run against Finch or Tucker in the 70-1/2 Camaro or the 77 TransAm. I was so looking forward to that (yes I'm a racer at heart, and the excitement of the race is one of the biggest things in my life!). I needed about 5 more freakin' minutes out of that old engine!!!! :(

      I'd have given them a GOOD run for the $10k.
      Todd
      ReidSpeed, Inc.

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast