Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

New member from Seattle with something different

Here's my attempt at a PT truck.
      1991 2dr 4runner
      2wd truck frame and custom QA1 coil overs and 4 link rear end.
      7mgte engine just south of 400whp and 450tq

Just need some bigger/widder wheels and tires but its getting there slowly but surely. Maybe I'll start a build thread.....

Country Flag: Canada
      Please don't take this the wrong way, what the hell is a 7mgte engine...mm please for those of us who aren't up on import engine codes explain the configuration...V ...In line.. amount of cylinders and the displacement. Thanks ryan Austin
      Btw...looks good glad to see your not into a civic with a fart can..bragging about having almost 160 hp

No worries Ryan

7mgte is a 3 liter inline 6 from a turbo'd Toyota Supra
      Few more specs on the motor....
      720cc injectors
      Hybrid ct26 turbo 60trim
      14lbs of boost
      Stock bottom end
      Custom intake manifold
      Front mount inter cooler
      Full 3in exhaust with electric cutout

Country Flag: Canada
      Okay yes see now there is some talk I understand what a engine from what I know it's like the small block Chevy of the import scene....silky smooth, reliable love boost. Guy I went to trade school with has a right hand drive twin turbo supra and God can they take abuse. I'm keeping a eye on this one

That IS different.

Man, that body looks very TALL when it is lowered that much.
      1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B (Jan 69) LOS Build

I like it something different. How good does it handle with the custom setup?

The truck (I prefer to call it a Japanese nomad)sits lower than most station wagons out there Ill try and grab some next time I'm out with it.... Here's a pic before the body swap took place onto then2wd frame for reference

As for handling its not bad still dialing it in playing with spring rates. Looking to add a splined rear sway bar. Friends are surprised on how smooth it is for being what it is... Also is difficult to dial it all in as I use it to tow haul my other toys around

Notice the ride height against my Golf in the back ground roof lines are about the same if not lower

That 'Yota looks like it would be a blast to drive!

I LOVE it! i'm in Renton and use to own a 91 4WD 4Runner. I miss that truck, sold it with 225,000 miles and it still ran great. I've always wondered what one would look like in the weeds so i'm happy to see it's been donw, and you're local so maybe i'll see it around. anyway, welcome to the site. BTW, nice toys too. Mostly street ride or do you do track days/race as well?
      Robert F.

Thanks guys

Jed it's no slouch and very sleeper as people have no clue what it is and the exhaust is very quiet not some fart can

Robert I use to do a lot of track days with Nesba and 2 Fast but havent done any in the last 2 years as life has happened but still enjoy street riding. Just finished building my Hawk and in the process of off loading all the other bikes.

WOW, that Hawk is gorgeous! There's so much to look at on that bike!!I did my first track day last year with 2 fast. I'd love to do it again but my only bike is a BMW K1200GT, not exactly ideal for repeated track days, ha. I hear ya, a growing family is why I don't run out and buy a track bike right now. Oh well, one of these days. Well, welcome aboard, this is a great place to learn and if you've got any extra money burning a whole in your pocket this site can show you a ton of great ways to get rid of it :-)
      Robert F.

Thanks Robert yeah already looking at wheel options and the Billet Specialties Street Lites look like a really good deal just need to make sure my offset and back spacing is correct before I place my order.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com