Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States
      Norm you might not have seen this yet, This post is from the negative camber thread at MCSS from last year...had to go looking for it after the new discoveries.

Quote Originally Posted by SSLance
      Quote Originally Posted by Norm Peterson

I'm also having a bit of difficulty visualizing how the rear cambers could be significantly different, although the difference would tend to explain the greater sensitivity to throttle in left turns that I think I'm seeing in the various videos. Second cup of coffee isn't helping, either.

Norm

You know, now that you mention that, the car is way more sensitive to loosing the back in left hand turns vs right handers...

Can that small of a difference in rear camber, rear toe, or weight differences really make that much of a difference in left turns and right turns?

And if the rear axle tubes weren't welded perfectly straight onto the center section, and that created the camber difference between sides...how would changing the front settings change that rear camber?

I'm also curious how making very small changes on the front of this car, can affect the rear toe?

What I know now is...yes the axle tubes are not perfectly straight on my rear axle, that is a fish to fry another day. But the real culprit to the uneven feeling in the turns is in the position of the passenger side front LCA.

Almost a year later...
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com