Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
      I'm questioning to myself if the changes I made to the rear suspension had an effect on the front geometry, or if the driving of the car in several autox events last fall created some bushing deflection...or if it was just the alignment rack readings off just a bit to cause the slightly different readings when no changes were made up front mechanically?

It sure looks like something changed in the left front between the two alignments? Could possibly different amounts of gas in the tank have an effect on how the rear end sat and that cause the changes in the front readings?
      The front reading variations ...between times on the test equipment ... are pretty normal & occur with variables in how the test equipment is installed on the car, minor wheel variations, etc. But you should be aware, settings can change from impacts, potholes, curbs & wear.

The only thing here that might be different on the front, caused by changes in the rear, would be slight variations in caster if you changed the ride height of the rear, affecting the car's rake, and therefore affecting A-arm & spindle rake.

I'm more concerned that something is out of square on the LR wheel. Your rear end housing is slightly bent up & forward, giving it camber & toe in.

When we build trick floater rear ends, we will sometimes build in a little camber, but you would want it the same on both sides ... or otherwise ... the car will handle differently on left turns versus right turns.

But the "toe in" of the LR wheel & tire isn't healthy. It isn't the end of the world, but down the road when you have some down time, I'd take the rear end to a chassis shop with a rear end jig & have them straighten the left tube.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to chime in on this thread.

Ron Sutton

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com