Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Texas Scca Mineral Wells pro solo

Was looking for something local to do with my car and decided to give this a try. Looks like fun with the drag race style start. Is anyone else planning on going? I was wondering if many pro touring cars went to events like this?

I'm headed to a SPOKES autocross around Austin this weekend. I've only been to a few autocrosses and none in Texas as of yet. When I was in Norcal there were many of the pro-touring guys but looking at the registration for this weekend i'm the only one with an older muscle car. Should be interesting. Depending how things go this weekend I may drag my car up there for another go. Looking at the schedule it looks like a fun 3 day event.

It would be cool to get a group of muscle car guys to go to some of these events together. I have done a little looking and there are a lot of them in the DFW area.

I'm planning to attend many events this year including the Drivers Edge event in early June up in Fort Worth. You should check it out too. If you find others shoot me a PM and I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusold View Post
      It would be cool to get a group of muscle car guys to go to some of these events together. I have done a little looking and there are a lot of them in the DFW area.
      I got your PM the other day and tried to reply but it says you are not accepting emails. Not doing this event. It looks awesome but cannot commit to 3 days away and related expenses at this time. There is the NTAXS event on 4/20 here at TMS I am going to try to fit in. Hopefully the car doesnt throw me any curve balls between now and then. The plan is to hit 1 a month at least until the new baby arrives. We'll see what happens after that.

A DFW PT Raiding party would be cool. Rolling in to random local AutoX events as a group just might scare a few of them. LOL

If you go, be sure to let us know how it goes. Your car is really strong and sticks about as well as any of the rest of them out there.
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

I'm planning on being there as long as everything comes together. I took the car to eagles canyon for a track day and ran into a power steering snafu. I should have it all buttoned back up in time though. You should have seen the people at the track! You would think it was the first time a muscle car did a track day! They were all super cool and it was a ton of fun. I can't wait for the autocross this weekend.

First off pro solo is a blast!! The drag race style start is fun! I have been getting faster, shaved two seconds from the morning to the afternoon, but I have some driving to do! I can see where doing events like this Will make you a better faster driver. Everyone has been very cool and helpful with this being my first one. One of the tech guys ran a 67 camaro in trans am back in the day and it was super cool to talk to him. I would definitely recommend trying one!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusold View Post
      I'm planning on being there as long as everything comes together. I took the car to eagles canyon for a track day and ran into a power steering snafu. I should have it all buttoned back up in time though. You should have seen the people at the track! You would think it was the first time a muscle car did a track day! They were all super cool and it was a ton of fun. I can't wait for the autocross this weekend.
      My family runs Eagles Canyon! Having my car looked at by Pinnacle Autosports there. Gregg is a great guy and knows his $H!T. Good people at Eagles Canyon...great atmosphere.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com