Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Water pump issues

Guys, I have a March Performance serpentine system on my 383 stroker. I am on my 2nd water pump from March Performance. The reason the current one is on is because the weep hole began leaking on the first one. Well I replaced it with another March Performance pump. That was in September. Now, the weep hole on this one is leaking. Do any of you guys have any suggestions as to which type of water pump I can try as opposed to March Performance? I am not having any luck with these. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Brian Peacoe

68 Camaro Heidts Subframe and 4 link. 2015 LS3, T56.

Is the smaller pulley that speeds it up for more cooling?
      I had to change mine to a pulley closer in size to the crank pulley cause it was blowing the gaskets out.
      Also what kind of fan are you running? Manual or electric?

Water pump issues

Electric fan
      Brian Peacoe

68 Camaro Heidts Subframe and 4 link. 2015 LS3, T56.

I switched out the direct mount fan for an electric fan, and bought a bigger pulley and havent had any problems since.

March Serpentine 3rd Water Pump

Quote Originally Posted by SkinsandJrfan View Post
      Guys, I have a March Performance serpentine system on my 383 stroker. I am on my 2nd water pump from March Performance. The reason the current one is on is because the weep hole began leaking on the first one. Well I replaced it with another March Performance pump. That was in September. Now, the weep hole on this one is leaking. Do any of you guys have any suggestions as to which type of water pump I can try as opposed to March Performance? I am not having any luck with these. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
      Hi there, just wondering if you resolved your water pump issues. I have the same March setup on my 427 Dart stroker and I'm on my 3rd Edlebrock reverse rotation water pump, they start leaking out of the weep hole within the first few minutes after I fire up my motor. I'm thinking maybe the belt is too tight, but I can easily twist the belt 1/2 way. Just wondering if you solved your issue, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

My Edelbrock water pump leaked out the weep hole when it was first installed. Over time the longer I ran it the less it leaked and eventually it stopped. Run it for a few months and if it is still leaking when the warranty gets near to expiring then you can get it replaced.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com