Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

6l80e driveshaft yoke

I recently bought an L99/6l80e from a totaled 2011 Camaro SS. I plan to use them in a 1950 Ford woodie wagon with an Art Morrison chassis. The driveshaft yoke is bolted to the tans output shaft. As I intend to use a one piece driveshaft I need to replace the bolted yoke with a slip yoke. Has anyone on here do that? If so, what yoke was used? Any pictures would be helpful. I tried to search, but came up empty. I've seen lost of contradictory info on other sites.
      thanks, Gary

Best bet on question is to join LS1tech, do a search on 6L80e in trans section. You should find several thread discussing output shaft and yokes.

Lot more people trying to or using 6L80E over there.

I am using a 4l80 yoke on my 6L80 transmission. However my 6L80 came out of a truck. I don't know if you can just pull out the Camaro 6L80 "yoke" and just replace it with the 4L80 or not. You might have to buy a different tail housing. Here is a picture of mine.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks, Guys.

You absolutely can swap for a pick up yoke. However don't discount the use of a 2 piece driveshaft with a carrier bearing. We're all used to one piece driveshafts -- myself included -- but in the right vehicle a 2piece with carrier bearing can really help with crazy pinion angles and engine placement. A 50 Ford Woodie wagon (awesome!) might be just one example especially if it will have a really tall rear tire that raises rear axle centerline.

Just putting that out there for the public record.

Your GM dealer should be able to help you with the slip yoke tailshaft conversion bits. They are also available through the aftermarket, but those are just the GM pieces and prices plus markup, so it pays to do a little homework.
      /Steve

Thanks, Steve.
      I've already done one of these wagons with a 4.8l and 4l60e. One piece driveshaft seems to be working fine.
      I've pulled the bolted yoke from the 6l80e and it's 32 spline like a turbo 400. The driveshaft shop thinks I can just use a slip yoke with the existing output shaft. I'll have to have things all set pretty well before I measure for the driveshaft as it appears there are only 2 1/4" splines. I've ordered an Art Morrison chassis for this project. The rear suspension will be 4-bar with coilovers. So, movement at the yoke should only be about 1/2" during suspension travel.

63 Biscayne
      Schwartz Performance Chassis

My build thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ht=#post916553

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com