Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by v8 stingray View Post
      haha... nothing to-date! My '66 Wildcat Convertible has been keeping me busy.
      Thread revival!

I missed your pic request the first time around So here's one of the rear. 11" wide 5.75 backspace with 315's. Funny I have a Wildcat too!

Country Flag: Ireland
      Quote Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
      Thread revival!

I missed your pic request the first time around So here's one of the rear. 11" wide 5.75 backspace with 315's. Funny I have a Wildcat too!
      John, thanks for the reply!

Just reffered back to one of your original posts.... this car will be street use only. Most of the time just me, but want to avoid any issues if I bring passengers. By the sounds of the replies to-date it looks like I could squeeze to a 18x9" wheel up front with a 265 tyre and avoid any rubbing. Not sure what kind of backspace I should be running for that setup?

I think I'll stick with the 18x10" in the rear with the 285 - I'd be well happy with that. I dont mind hammering in a few bumps, but as long as I get clearance from the springs. I plan to roll the fenders anyway. Am I safe with a 4.875" bs on the rear with that - or should I measure anyway to be sure. If I need to measure I'll be honest and say that I need guidance as to what I need to be measuring for and from where to where. (anyone got a diagram that shows this, or a link to a page as to what to do?).

p.s. thanks for the pic of the rear - I'm torn as to what colour to paint the car but was thinking that the chrome rear taillight bezels looked a bit much. Now that I see yours painted in the body colour its much better and definately the way to go! (still need to decide on a colour though!!! )

p.p.s Love the Buick!

Country Flag: Ireland
      Thread Revival!! (after 5 years!!)

Decided years ago I was going to do this properly, so I'm doing a full resto-mod and will be opting for the DSE front subframe and rear hydralink setup. Havent decided on the rear tub'ing yet as was trying to decide what look to go for. I really like the look of the Forgeline DE3C Concave wheels.... matt bronze finish with a polished lip.

Name:  25385311424_ea43852208_b.jpg
Views: 1486
Size:  192.4 KB

And 5 years later I'm still hanging around here!

Nice looking wheels.

I got a 78 TA project, and I'm thinking of putting Ridler 650 18 x9.5s and 295/40R18s all around on it. Only planning a 1" drop, maybe 2" in back.

Geno

Country Flag: Norway

Hi. Any progress on this ?

Quote Originally Posted by v8 stingray View Post
      Thread Revival!! (after 5 years!!)

Decided years ago I was going to do this properly, so I'm doing a full resto-mod and will be opting for the DSE front subframe and rear hydralink setup. Havent decided on the rear tub'ing yet as was trying to decide what look to go for. I really like the look of the Forgeline DE3C Concave wheels.... matt bronze finish with a polished lip.

Name:  25385311424_ea43852208_b.jpg
Views: 1486
Size:  192.4 KB
      I am working on my 73' right now. Minitubs and Speedtech all the way.
      Have no experience with bodywork like this, but it's going pretty well. I would go for minitubs :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com