• Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21
      My 1973 Nova SS hatchback is quite similar
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Zspoiler View Post
      My 1973 Nova SS hatchback is quite similar
      My 1974 Spirit of America is also very similar. But I would jump at the chance to buy that Econoline Van in the background. I learned to drive a stick in a '65 Econoline with 3 on the tree. Those are cool.

Pro-Van anybody?

That was owned by one of my Sargents back in 1978 While I was stationed at Camp Pendleton with Base Motor Transport. We swapped in a 289 instead of the straight 6. He also had a 34 Ford street rod.We had quite a collection of cars at the time like a 69 AMX and 69 Tran Am.

Quote Originally Posted by Zspoiler View Post
      That was owned by one of my Sargents back in 1978 While I was stationed at Camp Pendleton with Base Motor Transport. We swapped in a 289 instead of the straight 6. He also had a 34 Ford street rod.We had quite a collection of cars at the time like a 69 AMX and 69 Tran Am.
      Those were the days.

In about that same time a friend of mine from college bought a near mint Dodge Daytona 440 Six Pack with wing and all for $1200.

I'll be going with a 69 Cougar myself.
      Tracey

Come over to the dark side, Mopar, where we have to modify the aftermarket parts to make them fit or make our own. I was looking at the Mustang and Camaro TCI "Torque Arm" rear suspension. Width and length are about right...

Name:  DSC06862.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  174.2 KB

68Cuda440,

That is nasty. Have any more photos or a build thread?

Daniel

Thats very nice >I grew up when those cars were brand new. And once in a while you see them at the vintage races.

We all have to modify aftermarket parts to get them to work with all the other aftermarket and custom stuff on our cars. Even on the so-called vanilla Camaro's!

That is a killer ride btw. Love the stance, wheels, paint color - all of it. What size tires are those? 275's all around on 18x9.5s?

1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by 68Cuda440 View Post
      Come over to the dark side, Mopar, where we have to modify the aftermarket parts to make them fit or make our own. I was looking at the Mustang and Camaro TCI "Torque Arm" rear suspension. Width and length are about right...
      Very nice! You also get to spend 2x-3x on the darkside, the "Mopar tax" is strong.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Quote Originally Posted by c4racer2 View Post
      We all have to modify aftermarket parts to get them to work with all the other aftermarket and custom stuff on our cars. Even on the so-called vanilla Camaro's!

That is a killer ride btw. Love the stance, wheels, paint color - all of it. What size tires are those? 275's all around on 18x9.5s?
      Thanks! Front is 255/40-18 on a 9" wheel, rear is 295/40-18 on a 10" wheel. These are just $150 aftermarket Mustang wheels I bought for fitment and rolling the car around at the body shop! The front as shown has a 7mm spacer, has plenty of clearance with and without. Planning on 18x9-1/2 for front with a 275/35-18. The rear has over 2-1/2" clearance on the inside and about 1-1/2" on the outside with the 295... I am thinking 325/30-19 for the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda View Post
      Very nice! You also get to spend 2x-3x on the darkside, the "Mopar tax" is strong.
      Oh I know it. Finding trim and other odds and ends that are not reproduced is painful. I buy E-bay stuff with pretty pictures and the vendors send me dirty, beat up parts that are obviously not the ones that they took pictures of, the 50 year old scratch and dent parts I took off the car to begin with are in better shape than most of that junk. It gets frustrating when you see six different Camaro or Mustang catalogs with every conceivable nut bolt and bracket. Once you get to the real high end stuff it all starts evening out. Damned LS engines are super cheap. My transmission (T-56 Magnum) and clutch are the same, brakes, driveshaft, etcetera is about the same. I have an XFI 2.0 EFI controller and am running "LS" injectors - no cost difference there. Finding parts for my dinosaur engine is hard. It took me six years to find the intake I wanted in good condition and at a reasonable price. It is a discontinued early 70's Mopar race only piece that was designed for the OEM six pack carbs. With the factory carbs it fouls plugs and has rude low speed fuel distribution issues that are hard to fix. Otherwise it is hailed as the best cast intake ever made for this engine. For what I paid for the intake and the mods to convert it to port EFI I could have bought a take out LS.

Name:  DSC06547 4x6.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  230.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DWC View Post
      68Cuda440,

That is nasty. Have any more photos or a build thread?

Daniel
      Thanks!

No build thread on this site. I had the car painted in 2014, then worked on it steadily for about a year. Stopped working on it when my wife's company stopped paying their employees and she "quit". I told her that us paying for daycare and subsidizing a guy's business who lived in a $3 million dollar house and drove a Range Rover to work wasn't going to happen, so she gave him "notice" and she left. She did substitute teaching off and on then finally a year and a half ago found another good paying full time job that gave her a little flexibility. Then we had some issues this past year with one of our children, but now everyone is OK and everything is coming back together again. Once I get some "traction" on the project I may start a build thread here.

Some photo garages with pictures on a Mopar site:
      https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...mosleyme.5380/

getting there, brakes go on next and then time for motor-trans-wired-glass and so on....

Name:  IMG_2108.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  210.3 KB

I love cookies and 69 Camaros. Never get tired of them since no two are ever identical and I can appreciate quality workmanship no matter what the car.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Love the wagons!
      Tracey

Zombie thread has risen!

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com