Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Different strokes for Different Folks, 20 years ago if It wasn't a chevy I wouldn't look at it, I am now 40 and I like all cars. I Don't give a ****, If you like my car or don't, You are entitled to say camaros suck and your over seeing them, I personally needed a breather from mine so I did the old 51 chevy, From a car guys standpoint there are so many parts available for them and a lots of different ways to build them, Being on this website and not liking camaros is like going to the tittie bar and not liking boobs,, Just my opinion

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Enzo Damico View Post
      Thanks,I do a lot of party for my kids.Im a disco light junky,I have lazers ,lights ,smoke machines.my neighbors think aliens have landed in my garage when light are shinning into the woods.
      Enzo, I want to party at your house! Can I wear my leisure suit Larry disco set-up?

"She's a Super Freak, Yeowwwwwwwww!"
      Todd
      '14 ZL1, 6 speed and 6.2L of Super Charged Awesome!
      '67 Camaro SS in process. A long, slow, expensive trip...

How hard can it be...

Project Obsession
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Obsession

No denying the production numbers of the first gen. Camaro's or the fact you can pick up parts for them at Walmart. That said, it is the best/easiest Pro touring car to build, and it can't hurt that it had some of the best lines of any car ever built. I own a 68, I also own a the second most built car, a first gen. Mustang. Not because because everyone was building them, but because of love the cars. I have a long list of cars I want to build(make my own before I die). The Mustang, and Camaro were high on the list. Unfortunatly there are alot of others, an AMX for instince, which was quite a ways down the list became avalible, and now I'm making it my own. Sometimes its just timing and avalibility.

The hard part for the Camaro builders of today is making it there own, Not alot that hasn't been done to a first gen, it creates quite a challenge. There are alot of them on the site, but I still love the lines on the old girl.
      Ron Schwarz

LMAO!! Winner right here!!!

Really, that is why I got a red 69 Camaro with TTII's on it.... To be different!! LOL!!! But I do gotta say, the wheels were bought in 98 or so and the "PT" style started in the early 90's with it, and it was originally red as well. So, I may be a poser, but an early one anyway! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
      I would think that if one were to start a drama thread such as this, that the thread starter should be driving something a little less cookie cutter than a Camaro's red headed step brother with an LS engine.
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

Anyone else sick of the cookie cutter Pro-touring cars these days?

Nah, still not tired of seeing them, though I admit it takes a lot for one to really stand out from the crowd. I'm still fairly new to Camaros, though, so I also probably haven't had time to get well and truly sick of them...love to build one if I could afford it.

All that said, I'm building a Stingray, and that didn't happen by accident. To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post

The hard part for the Camaro builders of today is making it there own, Not alot that hasn't been done to a fist gen, it creates quite a challenge. There are alot of them on the site, but I still love the lines on the old girl.
      This is really what stands out to me. I love Camaros, but it is getting increasingly harder to build one that may stand out from the crowd. Camaro's are awesome pro touring cars and are very proven. If I wanted to build one, I would have a hard task to make it my own, and try something different, be it little body changes, or different interior/engine combo's.
      Justin N.

1966 Chevelle
      1992 GMC Typhoon
      1989 Jeep Wrangler CJ 6.0 Twin Turbo
      1981 Jeep CJ7

I wish I had a cookie cutter PT car TBH.

FML I have a Chevelle - and even cool people like Anvil are making it harder to buy parts for this car. Guess I better learn the art of sheet metal fab.

Toodles.......
      Project thread - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ouring-Project
      IG - @tc_chevelle

This entire argument is really absurd IMO. There are so many different levels of finances involved with the people who own these cars that many of them are still in a state of a build that is taking years. Many of these cars have been purchased long before the dreams of a PT car we imagined. Many of these cars were a purchase opportunity that did not really involve model choice, mainly a deal came to fruition and the purchase was made. Lastly what is really being criticized here is more of a SUCCESSFUL MARKETING campaign to which this automotive genre has been borne. Fast cars shredding rubber on a track!
      This all discounts the fact that the desire of the owner is the have the most competitive car their finances will allow. If that is being a cookie cutter then SO BE IT! Cookie cutters ARE SWEET!
      Jim S.
      67 RS
      "driver "

Quote Originally Posted by SRD art View Post
      My first "cool" car was a 73 4 door Nova I built back in '92 and it ran high 11s as a daily driver.

The fun part about all of this is building a decent ride, then becoming a decent driver and taking out the $200K "popular" cars. I can't wait to start racing my car for this purpose. Lol, there's that chip on my shoulder talking again...
      The funniest line in this thread underlined above..... Not to knock any chips off or anything.. but as a Camaro owner.. i have to tell you.. your 4door Nova was never cool it was a four door

Just kidding :-)
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

Have at it!

Quote Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
      The funniest line in this thread underlined above..... Not to knock any chips off or anything.. but as a Camaro owner.. i have to tell you.. your 4door Nova was never cool it was a four door

Just kidding :-)
      Always loved those '74 5 mph bumpers.........NOT!!! ;-)
      Jim S.
      67 RS
      "driver "

Quote Originally Posted by Quickboat View Post
      When something ain't broke why fix it?
      But, all of us pukey Camaro owners, who keep spanking those COOL Nova owners are really sorry. My little N/A first gen SBC is ready for you're big bad turdbo LS anytime! ;-)
      OUCH!

Did you ever look at the front to rear weight bias of a 3rd gen Nova compared to a 1st gen Camaro? Much closer to 50/50 and all the bolt-ons fit.

Actually one of my all time favorite real daily drivers is my buddy '68 Camaro with a 600 horse 440 inch fuel injected small block that knocks down 20 mpg with the A/C on driving to work every day, has 13" Corvette discs and owner modified front suspension geometry. It drives like a modern car, looks stock and can spank 99% of the cars on the road. I really like that it is owner built and driven often on the roads. So I can like a Camaro if I try.

What I have a difficult time warming up to are trailer queens. Real cars have rock chips!

I drive a 3rd Gen GTA... I don't think I deserve the right to pass judgment on anyone else's ride..
      That being said, if any if any of ya'll get sick of your "cookie cutter cars" I'd be happy to give it a good home.
      Seriously I've found each one is like a snowflake, similar but different in it's own way. I think the majority of people on this board build they car they want for themselves, not not please the masses.
      Valerie Pichette

1988 GTA LS3 (418 stroker)/ T56 - "DragonLady GTA"

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      OK I see what you are saying about "cookie cutter" but I think its really about what is winning and emulating a winners car, to be a winner and its a Camaro, minitubs, DSE frame, Forgelines, LS3 that finish at the front of many events, I know that I'm bias because I drive a camaro, but I am building a 1963 Rambler, minitubs, DSE frame, Forgelines, LS3 if that helps any? I like just about any PT build done right and driven hard
      Sorry, but I have to point out the irony in this as you, and everyone else, was smoked by a 66 mustang and a corvette this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickboat View Post
      Always loved those '74 5 mph bumpers.........NOT!!! ;-)
      Hey now. My car is a sexy beast!
      -James

1974 Z28 SCCA C Prepared
      1990 Firebird NASA CMC
      2005 Mustang GT SCCA F-Street (new for 2015)
      1989 Civic Si SCCA STC

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      I just glanced over in the Project Updates forum and only saw 1 or 2 first gen Camaro projects on the first page. Where are all these "cookie cutter" Camaros that you speak of?

Sure, Camaros are popular, but there is a really wide variety of cars being represented on this forum.

Andrew
      Andrew,

Don't muddy this heated discussion with FACTS. What were you thinking?

Ignorance is bliss. You just burst our bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by srt1010 View Post
      I agree with STEVE HAYES, I loved the first gen then and I love them now. I wanted a 69 from the age of 14, but settled on a 72 monte when I turned 16. In 1999 I purchased my current 69. When I first built it, it was a weekend cruiser and bracket racer, caltracs, drag shocks, moroso super trick springs, etc. I knew nothing about pro-touring until approximately 5 years ago and figured, why not get a little more driveability out of it. Since then DSE parts, a TREMEC, better brakes etc. It's not a 6 figure build by any means, but I just got it back together after a year off the road with a new body resto, since the paint an body work were well over 20 years old. I am proud to say it's home built and I love every minute I spend in it, even if the wife bitches about the noise and fumes. I do however like all old cars, my dad has a 71 nova and we're currently building a 53 International L-110 pick-up, that's setting on an S-10 chassis.
      Oh no!!!! Not another cookie cutter 53 International L-110 pick-up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LS1NOVA View Post
      You know the deal, Camaro, minitubs, DSE frame, Forgelines, LS3, etc. If I see one more catalog car Im going to puke.
      That's why I went outside the box with Camaro, minitubs, DSE frame and HREs.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
      My car has been in my family since the mid-80's... It's not perfect but it is mine and I enjoy it regularly and don't care what others think of the visible rust holes, scratches and even a few small dents... Isn't that what it's really all about???
      Agreed!

I have a '74 Nova because as a 15 year punk old shopping with my dad, we liked the way it looked and the big engine bay for turbos (which never happened). It's been in the family since I bought it in 1978. If I had bought a Camaro, I would be in the "cookie cutter crowd" I guess.

The important part is to like what you have, drive it and have fun. Everything else is just noise.

Quote Originally Posted by cornfedbill View Post

Andrew,

Don't muddy this heated discussion with FACTS. What were you thinking?

Ignorance is bliss. You just burst our bubble.
      FML....what was I thinking? Carry on....I love internet drama....

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by SLO_Z28 View Post
      Sorry, but I have to point out the irony in this as you, and everyone else, was smoked by a 66 mustang and a corvette this weekend.

Hey now. My car is a sexy beast!
      Wow! Just look at that sea of cookie cutter first gens in that photo??!!

I do love the second gens!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com