Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Two new Vent Products from II Much Fabrication

Announcing two new options for venting from II Much Fabrication which round out the II Much Vent lineup. Although our bulkhead mounted vent is still the simplest option for fuel or diff venting, requiring only one hole and one hose for installation, it's not suitable for every configuration. These new vents are priced at $199.00 for in-car mounting (using an external filter), and at $209.00 with integrated filter for under-car mounting

Both our new vents are in stock and ready to ship.

Please head over to www.iimuchfabrication.com for more info and to order.

Name:  II-Much-Fuel-Vent-trio.jpg
Views: 3223
Size:  209.5 KB
      Left to right -- our original bulkhead mount design, side mount, side mount with integral filter.

Name:  1000x667-II-Much-Fuel-Vent-Side-Mount-3-Viewsr-unfiltered.jpg
Views: 4081
Size:  191.2 KB
      $199.00

Name:  1000x667-II-Much-Fuel-Vent-Side-Mount-3-Views.jpg
Views: 3212
Size:  166.4 KB
      $209.00
      Last edited by parsonsj; 03-19-2013 at 11:24 AM.

What type of filter could you use for "in-car" mouting option. Like a K&N value cover filter - running from your product monuted in the trunk with a hose to go under the trunk floor pan?

I would consider using on my fuel injected Rocky Valley Tank - no vent in tank - but have a vent on the filler neck - ridetech gas cap and filler neck. A small hose run down the filler neck below the trunk pan to vent the tank - but gas smell is very strong.

Country Flag: United States
      We've had good success with K&N 62-1320 with our "in-car" vent. Our vent will do a fine job on with a filler neck vent port. Just make sure you've got room above the vent port -- the vent can't be mounted below it.

John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Thanks - I will make sure that your in car vent is mouted above the point of venting on the filler neck. In terms of the the remote filter K&N - can this be mouted in the trunk (guessing no) - or does it need to be mouted - say under the trunk floor pan. Any concerns - that in my case the remote K&N filter would be be lower than the point of venting (guessing no - since your in car venting product will be higher than the point of venting)?

Thanks

You got it right. The vent has to be mounted correctly and above the tank vent port. The filter can go anywhere, and should be mounted on the outside of the passenger area. Under the trunk floor is ideal.
      John Parsons

Quote Originally Posted by 68 SuperRam View Post
      Thanks - I will make sure that your in car vent is mouted above the point of venting on the filler neck. In terms of the the remote filter K&N - can this be mouted in the trunk (guessing no) - or does it need to be mouted - say under the trunk floor pan. Any concerns - that in my case the remote K&N filter would be be lower than the point of venting (guessing no - since your in car venting product will be higher than the point of venting)?

Thanks
      More info in our latest blog post.

http://blog.iimuchfabrication.com/?p=532#more-532

Name:  II-Much-Fuel-Vent-SM-photo-Mike-Snyder.jpg
Views: 3574
Size:  546.3 KB
      Last edited by JohnUlaszek; 03-26-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks for awesome feedback and pics - definitely helps to visual the product and use of application. Turning 40 next month - I know what I am asking my wife for. Any introductory price discount on this new product or for a guy who is going to go through a mid life crisis in less than a month ?

Thanks

Thanks for awesome feedback and pics - definitely helps to visual the product and use of application. Turning 40 next month - I know what I am asking my wife for. Any introductory price discount on this new product or for a guy who is going to go through a mid life crisis in less than a month ?

Thanks
      We have studied our target market and determined a mid-life crisis discount would essentially mean a permanent reduction in price -- so sadly not at this time.

And if anybody asks, you are still in your 30's.

LOL - Fully noted - one more question - since in my applicaiton - where the point of venting is coming from the filler neck - shoud I have any concerns about putting in any type of vent check value before it enters your product - for safety or roll over purposes - for fuel spills? I am sure alot of people vent from the gas tank - and their custom applications have built in ball checks, but since I did not have one - I was curious what your thoughts were. Last question - I promise. Thanks

LOL - Fully noted - one more question - since in my applicaiton - where the point of venting is coming from the filler neck - shoud I have any concerns about putting in any type of vent check value before it enters your product - for safety or roll over purposes - for fuel spills? I am sure alot of people vent from the gas tank - and their custom applications have built in ball checks, but since I did not have one - I was curious what your thoughts were. Last question - I promise. Thanks
      If you determine the need for a roll-over valve I would install as per manufacturer instructions.

Yes, that was an evasive answer. There are so many different possible configurations and roll-over products we want to avoid giving someone bad information.

I can tell you our vent will work perfectly to control fuel odors and slosh issues without the addition of a check valve.

The vent is about the size of 12 oz can of beer. 6" tall, 2.5" diameter, with the bulkhead flange at 3.7" in diameter.

And yes, it must be mounted vertically.
      John Parsons

I'm looking into the dual mount version at $169, but needs about $200 worth of extras to plumb it. Is ths right?

Two ORB fittings coming off the vent, to two PTFE hoses, to two more ORB fitting to two bulk head fittings, to two more ORB fittings, filter, hose and npt to AN for the tank.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

I think we talked on the phone about this, but give a ring if we didn't. 888-216-6033

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUlaszek View Post
      I think we talked on the phone about this, but give a ring if we didn't. 888-216-6033

I ended up buying the traditional version. I had to buy the an fitting separate after I got it and realized it needed one doh!
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com