Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
      Country Flag: United States
      You are so right Jeff. I rarely let myself compare my times to other guys times. All I need is to see my laptimes and driving skills improve to be happy. I've already seen that my car can cut fast laps(faster than I can go) when Steilow drove it at VIR. He drove two 20 minute sessions in it and set a benchmark that four years later I still have not equalled. But I have had great fun trying. When it becomes a goal to compete head to head with Brian or Kyle I may as well move on to Golf and go after Tiger. Could I build a car that could compete at their level? I think so. But not for fifty grand. Half of that amount would be engine. To me it is all about smiles per miles.
      Quote Originally Posted by JEFFTATE View Post
      It's not whether you can compete against the next guy on "his" level.
      It's about what you can enjoy and afford on "your" own level .
      I've had more fun with my beat up $15,000 '69 Camaro than my Z06.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holleman View Post
      You are so right Jeff. I rarely let myself compare my times to other guys times. All I need is to see my laptimes and driving skills improve to be happy. I've already seen that my car can cut fast laps(faster than I can go) when Steilow drove it at VIR. He drove two 20 minute sessions in it and set a benchmark that four years later I still have not equalled. But I have had great fun trying. When it becomes a goal to compete head to head with Brian or Kyle I may as well move on to Golf and go after Tiger. Could I build a car that could compete at their level? I think so. But not for fifty grand. Half of that amount would be engine. To me it is all about smiles per miles.
      I agree 100%! I am the one my car makes the most happy. And my 2 sons too.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com