Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      A lot would depend on if you were on the outside or inside down the straight and where they dropped the flag. If you had the inside lane and they waited to drop the flag late, the inside lane got through the first turn always. Then it was catch up.

Country Flag: Canada
      The slap wasn't good it was GREAT! LOVE the schooling he got. That GTR was killer and although I love my Muscle cars you have to give props to that GTR, they are very fast. Show is very entertaining and I really had a good chuckle this week.
      Todd
      '14 ZL1, 6 speed and 6.2L of Super Charged Awesome!
      '67 Camaro SS in process. A long, slow, expensive trip...

How hard can it be...

Project Obsession
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Obsession

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
      The slap wasn't good it was GREAT! LOVE the schooling he got.
      +1...Priceless, made me LOL !

Some of these imports are fast on the tight curvy front course they're using..... but, name a single import that ever made the hair on the back of you neck stand up when it fired up with a nasty cackle ? They have no soul, no style, and "they ain't from around here"
      David

Current rides:
      1970 Firebird FORMULA 400
      1964 Pontiac Tempest
      1986 Mustang LX 5.0 coupe

That GTR is a monster!! Low 11 second dragcar that will go a G+ in a right or left turn. I watched an episode of Top Gear UK where Jeremy Clarkston tested the GTR,bone stock, and it threw his neck out. The Ambulance had to drive out on the test track and extract him from the car. And remember, Jeremy drives EVERYTHING exotic, so Gs are nothing new to him. On another episode he drove another one and his biggest comment while driving on the street was that it was no fun because the car was in total control . It makes you look good because it is so refined. It was also the only ricer that beat the muscle to the first turn.
      There are just some places you just dont go and the GTR is one of those places. Oh and I loved the slap! If a man is on your door going into the turn, you have to give him the line. Or I guess you can get your door caved in and get B!%^@ slapped on national TV.LOL

Watched the show again and when I seen the GTR I knew it was going to be a close race at the end but that was more like a "Gimmie".... I have a Turbo 6cy Buick G-Body I would like to see go against some of these Imports! 6cyl American made VS 6cyl Import ?
      1986 Buick T-Type

RideTech, DSE, BAER Brakes, Forgeline Wheels, LED lighting, More!

* Get your Top of the line GPS Theft recovery devices Here!
      www.GNSperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by xxxturbo6 View Post
      Watched the show again and when I seen the GTR I knew it was going to be a close race at the end but that was more like a "Gimmie".... I have a Turbo 6cy Buick G-Body I would like to see go against some of these Imports! 6cyl American made VS 6cyl Import ?
      I'm pretty sure they now have a no GT-R policy.

I got 99 problems, but a stock turbo Nissan GT-R ain't one.

It takes a lot of work to make a "muscle car" handle as well as a stock Honda Civic. Trying for the likes of a Mitsubishi Evo is quite a job--the good thing is that if you do it right (via experience and research), it won't cost a lot of money (comparatively speaking, of course). That said, rear wheel drive and a V8 will never be as easy to drive as an Evo, which is a good thing...

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by deviousz28 View Post
      I'm pretty sure they now have a no GT-R policy.
      Thanks for the laugh I had from your signature, that was very well done. In full disclosure, I own a muscle car and always have but, I use to work for Nissan corporate and that GTR is built to be a killer and we have the tuned down version here. We need to keep it in perspective and that car is a purpose built street legal race car. With that being said put me in a GTR, a Ferrari, or any other super car and I'm sure any of the quality drivers in this show would kick my a$$ with anything they have there or anything from the local Rent-a-car pool. It's a great show and I enjoy seeing all my favourite cars, but sometimes there will be a kick a$$ import with a good driver and that person will be driving home with $10K in his pocket. Just the way it goes at the track or on the street.
      Todd
      '14 ZL1, 6 speed and 6.2L of Super Charged Awesome!
      '67 Camaro SS in process. A long, slow, expensive trip...

How hard can it be...

Project Obsession
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Obsession

I loved the slap, Yancy! That was just awesome, especially for the reason. There's a difference in closing a gap, and just running into someone to own a curve.

Those GT-R's are pretty bad in stock form. Start adding turbos and more suspension mods, and you really have something to be reckoned with as we saw in episode 3. The Camaro still looked and sounded better though. Also, what would get torn off the GT-R going though "Johnson's Landing"? HAHAHA
      Matt Kenner

68 C10 stepside

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Quote Originally Posted by newschool72 View Post
      Oh and I loved the slap! If a man is on your door going into the turn, you have to give him the line. Or I guess you can get your door caved in and get B!%^@ slapped on national TV.LOL
      What TV doesn't show you, this was a 180 deg right hand turn, I had beat him threw the first corner, slow in-fast out, when my right tire was on curb-strip/apex coming out when he was hot coming in and over into me. What I probably did wrong, was look over when he was coming in on me(knowing it was too late, he was going to hit me), which the car goes where the neck goes. But you have to say, it does make for good TV...lol

Hell, I think the guy made out pretty well. He needed multiple thumps to the face. I just can't beleive the guy had such a suprised look on his face, I would have been expecting some fist play after doing something so stupid. Yancy, you da man.LOL
      Ron Schwarz

Yes they are... that WRX... would have wiped the floor with 90% of those cars given equal footing... ( i don't believe 700 HP R&D car with a pro driver is a fair comparison)

How about this put Ken Block is a WRX with stock suspension and a little clutch and turbo tweaking... He would smoke 100% of the PT cars including any pro Driver...

Dont get me wrong, these are apples and oranges.. what we do with these Antiques is really amazing... it just doesn't measure up to what Big auto has done in the same 40+ years... we can get close... but it just doesn't compare... IMHO
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

"It takes a lot of work to make a "muscle car" handle as well as a stock Honda Civic"

WTF? What Civic have you been driving? I have driven a civic...BS.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Quote Originally Posted by Slick68 View Post
      Those GT-R's are pretty bad in stock form. Start adding turbos and more suspension mods, and you really have something to be reckoned with as we saw in episode 3.
      Just so you know, the GT-R is Twin Turbo from the Factory. He didn't do much to the engine. Probably just Intake, exhaust and a bit of tuning. Those things are stupid quick from the factory! And literally are neck- snapping fast around turns lol

Though I wonder... did he have slicks on? or at least R compound street tires? I noticed no one else had them (or at least I didnt see any). I mostly saw the Muscle cars with Eagle KDW 2's. Which at least to my knowledge, aren't R-Compound, or DOT Race tires.

Honestly I was expecting to see some Toyo R888's! Though I don't know if they're any better/worse.. I just remember seeing a lot of guys running them in AutoCross when street legal tires with specific wear ratings were required.

But hey, what do I know? I just own a supercharged truck now. I can't turn!
      Travis

1968 Mustang Coupe WideBody
      1968 Barracuda Formula S Sold 10/10/10

My Barracuda.
      It's more than just an old car,
      It's my one freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazed View Post
      Just so you know, the GT-R is Twin Turbo from the Factory. He didn't do much to the engine. Probably just Intake, exhaust and a bit of tuning. Those things are stupid quick from the factory! And literally are neck- snapping fast around turns lol

Though I wonder... did he have slicks on? or at least R compound street tires? I noticed no one else had them (or at least I didnt see any). I mostly saw the Muscle cars with Eagle KDW 2's. Which at least to my knowledge, aren't R-Compound, or DOT Race tires.

Honestly I was expecting to see some Toyo R888's! Though I don't know if they're any better/worse.. I just remember seeing a lot of guys running them in AutoCross when street legal tires with specific wear ratings were required.

But hey, what do I know? I just own a supercharged truck now. I can't turn!
      My bad. I thought they were naturally aspirated. As far as I know, all cars were limited to 200TW tires.
      Matt Kenner

68 C10 stepside

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

So are some of the muscle cars running comp 2's? That right there is a huge crutch. The KDW compared to 200 tw tires on an import is also going to present a problem.

But yes people, imports can be quick, especially if driven by reasonably talented people. While the off track excursions are hard to watch, it's nice to see that Bill and his crew didn't just pre-run the track a bunch before filming.

My favorite import of the show was the quick purple E36. That car and driver combination was quicker than the muscle car that won the round, but he just couldn't make the pass. His attempt to just barely keep the outside wheel on the inside of the corner was pretty great.
      Brett H.

1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
      1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

1987 Ford Mustang GT - Sold 06-29-2014
      1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - RIP 9-17-2011
      1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Sold 10-12-2017

Quote Originally Posted by damannhw View Post
      +1...Priceless, made me LOL !

Some of these imports are fast on the tight curvy front course they're using..... but, name a single import that ever made the hair on the back of you neck stand up when it fired up with a nasty cackle ? They have no soul, no style, and "they ain't from around here"

I Love my supra and when it starts up id does not scare my daughter like my 68 camaro but high pitch whine is nuts ad will scare the crap out of people if they dare ride with me!!
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...d-Intent-V-2-0

1993 Toyota Supra 6768 Built Single Turbo

Slow Lifted Jeep No TURBO :(

Randal F

Quote Originally Posted by rfalker1 View Post
      I Love my supra and when it starts up id does not scare my daughter like my 68 camaro but high pitch whine is nuts ad will scare the crap out of people if they dare ride with me!!

I agree there are some great performing tuner cars out there (GTR), but I'm talking about the POSs that seem to have beat great PT cars in the first couple episodes.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Yes, 500 rear wheel HP and 565 lbs torque with 6lbs boost. JB
      Brad

My Atomic 67 was orginally built for show...trunk has a complete sound system. Does not help that I picked up some weight myself that week drinking so much beer with Finch and others. My allignment was neutral, no negative camber. The short course with a few tight corners made it tough with only 255 front tires and 335 rear rubber. My hood weighs a ton too...looking to put a carbon fiber hood on if I am able to find one here soon that is reasonable.

JB
      Brad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com