Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Okay, some progress.

I inherited a 0.040" over 350 from my son. 11:1 flat tops, Vortec heads, Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley 750 vacuum secondary carburetor, old skool LT-1 solid lifter cam. It runs well. I have the TH350 to back it up.

I am ready to drop them in, but want to do the front suspension first.

I have MBM tubular control arms from Speedway Motors. I am searching for 500 lb/inch springs and decent shocks for autocross. I also need 200 lb/inch rear leafs.

Any budget minded suggestions?

Does anyone have any First Gen Camaro coil springs around 500 lb/inch they need to sell?

Cool project. With that much rust repair to do, I would consider converting it to a 2 door. Its not that big of a project considering how far you already will be.

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod47 View Post
      Cool project. With that much rust repair to do, I would consider converting it to a 2 door. Its not that big of a project considering how far you already will be.
      Not to hijack, but is there a thread on turning a 4 door intro a 2 door on this site? Thanks in advance.
      To the OP. Glad to see a project where your daughter is involved. I hope to do the same with mine.
      Ryan

'67 S Code Fastback Blown Coyote Restomod

Quote Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
      Not to hijack, but is there a thread on turning a 4 door intro a 2 door on this site? Thanks in advance.
      To the OP. Glad to see a project where your daughter is involved. I hope to do the same with mine.
      I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXLGxlFyzx4

Watching it, made me think... how cool would it be to instead of welding up the rear section, keep the 2 door conversion, and make the smaller rear section into suicide mini-doors like the 3 door Saturns (see 3:23 minute mark). You'd have to make the center post part of the rear door of course, and probably custom or modified seals. But you wouldn't need to replace the seat with a hinged version. It'd be unlike any other.
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Quote Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
      It's been done many, many times. I would check out the Tri-Five forum for more details.

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

Thanks guys. I have a more door 52 that I was wondering about converting. Still working out a full plan.
      Ryan

'67 S Code Fastback Blown Coyote Restomod

I thought about a door reduction surgery, but have decided against it. My son has the bodywork skills. Once it's running, it's off to his stable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com